Friday, October 16, 2015

31 Days of Gratitude- {Day 16} -Sophie at 10 months

Oh my goodness; this girl!

I am on the ball this month getting Sophie's monthly update post up here just 3 days after she hit the 10 month mark.  Normally it's at least one or two (or three!) weeks late....

So in her 9 month post, she had just begun free-standing.  

It didn't take her long to figure out that the next step to take was to take a step (see what I did there?) and she tried unsuccessfully for awhile.  She waited until just after her Cincinnati grandparents left and then finally had a successful walking attempt right around the 9 1/2 month mark (so right at the end of September).  

We count the first official steps when she gets 2-3 fairly steady steps before falling down or falling into your arms, but I don't consider her to be truly walking yet.  She hasn't made it all the way across the room or anything yet.  She is up to about 5 steps now before she gets really wobbly and falls down and/or stops and thinks to herself, "I can crawl so fast; why am I doing this walking thing right now anyway?"  haha, on that note, she is a speed crawler and I have to constantly remind the girls to close the lid on the toilet (quickly!) and to close doors behind them when we have Sophie in any of the upstairs rooms.  One of her favorite new tricks is playing in the toilet water when the girls leave the lid open.  

 

Another new milestone: our little Sophie-bean began clapping this month.  
She generally has a big goofy grin on her face and says, "Yay!!" at the same time. It is super de duper cute! Sophie started that somewhere right around 9 1/2 months.  She has also been trying to wave which is mostly just putting her hand up and then saying, "Hiiii!".

Like this.  "Hiiiii!"

She's is eating anything and everything.  Literally.  
The other day she was trying to eat dirt and leaves outside.  Inside I have to keep the floors spotless or she will scrounge for whatever table scraps the kids have dropped.  In other words, she is often found scrounging under the table because I can't keep the floor that clean.  Fortunately it's usually just cheerios anyway.  I have to have the bigger girls do "crayon checks" on the floor every time they color though because that is Sophie's favorite chew toy if she finds one lying around.  ugh. 


I'm so bummed that these were both a little blurry.  It is so hard to get her to sit still AND look at the camera AND not shake while I'm taking the picture too....haha

Sophie got a cold the last few days and is a total sad sack about it.  Her little nose is super runny, but she hates to have it wiped.  Chris has been out of town for several days on business and (of course!) she was up for half the night for several of the nights he was gone.  But in keeping with the theme and trying to find what I have to be grateful for in that situation: I'm so grateful that Chris will be home tonight.  I'm so grateful that there were no hospital visits or other problems other than discomfort and lack of sleep.  I'm grateful for all the precious sick snuggles I got this week.  

 

This girl is full of giggles and squeals and she loves music.  Any and all.  If it's got a rhythm she will be groovin' to the beat and bouncing her little bum up and down.  

Being the 4th kiddo, she is content to be carried around in the Ergo for long periods of time, but she also likes to be free to crawl and cruise after her sisters.  And now that she is getting more steady with her steps, I'm sure it'll be no time before she's full-on walking trying to keep up.  

We love, you Sophsie, and you are such a sweet and joyful addition to our family.  Don't know what we'd do without you.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!