We've had a whirlwind two weeks with my parents visiting, the 4th of July, and my brother's family visiting. Plus it's summer. So this is a smattering of what we've been up to in a nutshell the past few weeks between the family visits.
1. Glucose test

I took it, I passed. Yay!
Ava wasn't really a fan of my leaving for my appointment that day though. What a sad sack- she was breaking my heart.
2. Reading/Time Outside
We spend A LOT of time outside these days. We ride bikes and scooters, we take family walks and go to parks, we visit with the neighbors, we read books, we eat outside, we play in the water table/kiddie pool, we soak up the sun, and we eat popsicles (our favorite is a brand called Outshine--they make them with real fruit and don't add extra sugar-win!)

3. Coloradans
I guess we can "officially" call ourselves Coloradans now that we got new CO plates for both the cars.
4. Pregnancy- 3/4 of the way done
I'm 31 weeks now, but last week we took a picture one day to commemorate 30 weeks and being 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy (unless of course baby decides to stretch the pregnancy to 41 or 42 weeks...)
That day was also one in which the dramatic and crazy and tired came out in 2 out of the 4 girls and the emotions were cray-cray. I think that term is silly and slightly over the top, but it is totally appropriate in this situation so--using it.
5. Fourth of July
We went to the local parade in the morning and I got terrible pictures.
Exhibit A: I couldn't actually see, so this family selfie accidentally doesn't have Elise's face in it. Oops
Exhibit B: I tried one of the girls who all blinked or whined or both about the SUN IN THEIR EYES!
Exhibit C: an action shot of Elise and Ava (blinking) and dancing on the side of the parade route
Later in the day we went to a BBQ at a friend's house and then watched fireworks at a park near home. Sophie did not enjoy them at all. She doesn't like loud noises and bright flashing lights apparently. She hated the fire engines in the parade as well.
6. Summery treats
Frozen grapes (and blueberries...and later cherries, per the suggestion of an Instagram friend)
YUM! If you haven't ever tried this, do! A delicious, healthy, cool treat for a summer day.
Additionally, my new favorite preggo snack is fresh fruit with fresh whipped cream.
Fruit by itself was really not a big appeal to me, but recently I suddenly had a thought about fresh whipped cream (probably because I've been meaning to make Chris a nectarine pie which would also absolutely need some fresh whipped cream on top) and suddenly CRAVING. I could eat this all day (and I'm loving this modern day Jane Austen-y book--Lizzy and Jane).
7. Swim Lessons
Kayla and Elise are taking swim lessons for several weeks. Both girls are loving it thus far.
First day photo


And of course the others enjoy the free swim time while swim lessons are going on.




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!