Tuesday, October 4, 2016

OktoBEERfest 2016

Kolbe got to enjoy OktoBEERfest


Each year we host an OktoBEERfest which is our way of honoring some wonderful friends who moved to Illinois a few years ago.  They would always host an Oktobeer-feast and our OktoBEERfest was born out of their idea.  It's a fun event filled with delicious beer (Chris brews) and beer-infused recipes.  Last year was filled with recipes that we ended up loving, and it was so successful overall in so many ways that we kept a lot of this year's the same.  As you'll see from the recipe list below, mostly the same recipes.  Check out last year's post for more pictures of the various recipes individually.  

The Appetizers






These are the only pictures of food from this year

And this is only part of it.  It shows the dips and dippers (tortilla chips, pretzel sticks, and veggies), the pimento bites, and the salad and various toppings (raspberries in bowl with the spinach and bacon and toasted almonds on the side).  Unlike last year where I forgot the bacon for the salad, I forgot to put out the goat cheese...I can never seem to quite get the salad right.  lol.  

The Main Courses/ Sides


These were the only NEW recipe of the year.  And they were delicious.  And easy. 


This year, I spiced up the decor a little with some pretty fall flowers in the beer bottles from the beer that we used in the recipes.  Kayla made some decorations too.  There was a 'Welcome to OktoBEERfest' sign for the front door among other various little signs.  My favorite is the one pictured above.  Beer Beer!

Dessert




The one thing I didn't get to this year was making this new recipe I'd found that looked yummy.  Another sauce for the ice cream....but I still plan to make it in the fairly near future to see what we were all missing out on at the party.  :)


And of course the best part of every OktoBEERfest is the wonderful company and Chris' amazing beers on tap. This year he had a Kolsch, a pale ale, and a fall ale.  

Breckenridge shirts


  

Megan (on the left) took many of the pictures  and the guys on the right made everyone smile with their great suspenders.






And I'm linking up with Bobbi at Revolution of Love for a Weekly Writing Link-up for the month of October.  If you are a blogger (or want to begin) but have been having a hard time getting posts up, this is a great way to challenge yourself to get writing!  

12 comments:

  1. I am bookmarking this page!!! We've always talked about hosting and Octoberfest (my husband brews, too), but I have a black hospitality thumb. Someday hopefully I'll be brave enough to try your recipes and ideas (Flowers in beer bottles?!?! So cute!). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun! We had a blast and all of your recipes turned out amazing (in my opinion, bacon is MUCH more important than goat cheese, but that's just me...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ashley! And yes, bacon is much more important than goat cheese. hehe

      Delete
  3. This looks so fun! (And the bottles with flowers was adorable!) do you live near Megan? I didn't realize you were close. It was great meeting her earlier this month. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun and yes, we moved out here (only about 10 minutes from Megan) in April. She's so great.

      Delete
  4. Ok, all that food sounds amazing!!! What a fun event! Too bad you don't live near us anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not love this more! I am completely motivated to make an OktoBEERfest happen in our home this month! My husband and I love us some craft beer and so do a number of our friends! Eep! I'm excited! Pray I get it together so we can have some fun with some friends :) thanks for sharing! The menu, the decor, all of it seems so fun and doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Do it! You will be so glad you did, even if you only have 1 other couple over... just a whole lot of fun!

      Delete
  6. I am in love with the idea of using beer bottles as flower vases. I will need to remember that idea, so as to save beer bottles, after our next party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitly. I saw it in passing on Pinterest once and thought, I'm totally doing this. Finally did. !!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!