Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse......

That is apparently NOT TRUE in our apartment! This morning when I took the laundry out of the dryer I believe I saw a mouse scurry down the hallway and into my kitchen. There is a possibility that I was seeing things, but I'm pretty sure it actually happened (YIKES!). I spent the next 15 minutes poking around my kitchen with the broom. It never showed it's little paws again, so it must be hiding under my refrigerator or stove. With the firm, belief that the mouse is more scared of me than I am of it, I scrubbed my kitchen floor, and counters today. If that mouse thinks he can move in simply because I am making Christmas goodies and got a little lazy about deep-cleaning my kitchen for a few days afterwards, he has another thing coming. Get out of my apartment, MOUSE! You are only welcome in cartoon character form or in a book.
On a lighter note, when I took Kayla to Walmart today, I had the best Walmart experience of my life. Are you rereading that last line?? Yeah, that's what I said. A GOOD experience at Walmart. When I went to grab some diapers for Kayla, they were giving out free eco diapers. The guy gave me some in Kayla's size, and then gave me some smaller ones for baby when he/she arrives. How nice! And then, when we went to look for a line to check-out, there was a lady who had just recently opened up her aisle and no one was in her line yet! That NEVER happens!! Thank you, Jesus. I got your message of love for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, mice are the worst thing ever! I'd be setting out the traps if I were you, because you do NOT want that thing dying where you can't reach it!

    On an unrelated note, I thought of you and Kayla earlier when Oscar started laughing at the ceiling fan. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I love it. That was Kayla's favorite thing and I am quite bummed that we have no ceiling fans in this apartment. sad day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!