I did not get beautiful red roses delivered to my doorstep today. Instead I got a bouquet of potty training accidents, reading books, cuddles and kisses, and folding laundry. You may think that I got mostly thorns, but I got the most beautiful roses there are. Memories with my lovely daughter.
I did not receive expensive jewelry. Instead, I got a kiss from my husband when he left for work and another when he got home. I already have the most precious gem that I could imagine; the love of a good man. He adores me, takes care of my needs, and has committed to a life with me forever.
I did not receive chocolates for Valentine's Day this year. Instead, I got kicked and punched from inside the womb until I didn't feel like eating much of anything. It is pure bliss knowing that in just a few short weeks, I will get to meet my newest Valentine for the first time. The taste of chocolate that fades away in seconds cannot compare to the new life that will bless my life for many years to come.
I love my valentines! Thank you, dear Lord, for all the blessings of love in my life. You are truly an amazing God, and as such, are my very favorite valentine of all!
Below is a picture of Kayla coloring a valentine for her daddy! He was pleasantly surprised when we delivered it to him at the office today.

Two-handed coloring! Now there's some real talent! :-) Do you know if she's a righty or a lefty yet?
ReplyDeleteOh, and Happy Valentine's Day!:-D :-D :-D
ReplyDeleteI strongly suspect righty, though she can currently do several things with both hands. But she generally favors her right when eating/coloring etc.
ReplyDelete