Tortelline!! This is a word that I hear many times a day. Kayla is obsessed with it. The translation from 2-year-old-gibberish to English is "trampoline".
I know that I have posted many pictures already of Kayla on her trampoline, but I couldn't resist sharing the most recent cute trampoline related story. Weeks ago we checked out a book from the library titled "Dooby Dooby Moo" It's about a group of animals (cows, pigs, sheep, and a duck) that want to enter a talent show. In order to do so, they must trick their owner, Farmer Brown, into thinking they aren't up to something. The day comes and they succeed in getting to the talent show without his knowing. The cows sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Dooby, Dooby, Dooby Moo), the sheep sing Home on the Range (Baaa, Baaa, baaa, baaabaaaaa), and the pigs are supposed to do an interpretive dance. Instead they fall alseep and miss the performance. Duck decides to take matters into his own hands to win the Grand Prize, which is a trampoline. He sings a stirring rendition of Born to be Wild (Quack, quack, quack, quuaaaaack!) That night when Farmer Brown listens at the barn door to make sure the animals are sleeping he hears, "Dooby, Dooby, BOING!, Fa, la, la, la BOING! Whacka Whacka BOING!"
Now when Kayla jumps on her "tortelline" she hops around yelling "Whacka BOING! Whacka BOING!"
These are the types of memories that I am hoping to preserve in my mind by blogging them. This is the stuff that life is made of. The simple joys that God blesses me with everyday that I so often forget. Kayla jumping on her tortelline shouting joyfully as she bounces up and down with a huge smile on her face. These are the times I want her to remember too. When such simple experiences in life caused her such complete joy. I think it's part of the message Jesus was trying to give when he said "Unless you become like little children, you shall not enter the kingdom"




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!