Monday, October 17, 2011

Candy Corn activities

Every October, I HAVE to buy a bag of candy corn. There is something that will not be complete about Fall if I don't get some candy corn. I like candy corn, but after a few handfuls, I start to get sick of the taste already...and if I begin to eat it in small enough doses to where it's still enjoyable, half the bag will be stale before I get to it. So....projects!!

Counting is a fairly difficult concept for a small mind to grasp. Kayla knows what numbers are, but doesn't understand amounts of anything over 2. So I made up a little candy corn counting and matching activity for her.


She loved the matching and the candy. The project may have been a bit of a mistake though because now everyday she asks for a candy "paw-jek".

Today we incorporated candy corn into a letter "D" project. D for duck. We used yellow tissue paper, candy corn, glue, googly eyes, and feathers.

I drew a duck and Kayla and I ripped up the tissue paper into small pieces. She used a paintbrush to glue the pieces all over the duck.

Then we glued on the feathers.

We added a googly eye and a candy corn for the duck's bill.

Kayla loves her little duck with the candy corn beak. Really she loves any project that has candy corn involved with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!