It is already October, and I have only progressed a tiny bit on goal of learning to sew. That means I've got about 2 1/2 months to actually get on this or there goes one of my 2011 challenges....
I don't give up easy, so I'm going to keep trying. I was borrowing my grandma's sewing machine, but was making really slow progress (as in taking it out and practicing threading it, and running the needle through some fabric a couple times)...and then my dad's cousin brought me back the fancy sewing machine that she'd let me borrow before. I have completed one tiny, fairly pathetic project since that machine arrived.
I made Kayla's baby a blanket. I made it like a little pillowcase (sewed a square inside out and left a little hole to pull the thing back right side out, then sewed that shut). It's not great, but it was something and another step along my very long path to actually learning how to do something truly useful on the sewing machine.
I have to admit, even though I know the sewing aspect of the dress and blanket I made for Kayla's doll totally stinks, I am really happy that my daughter loves them so much. There is nothing quite like the smile on your 2 year old daughter's face when you make her something special for her baby. I do have larger goals than that, BUT if that is all I ever achieve on a sewing machine, I will still die happy knowing that I made my little girl happy.
But seriously, my goal for 2012 is to make the girls' Christmas dresses, so I've got a lot of work to do. What in the world am I still doing blogging? I need to bust out that sewing machine again....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!