There is nothing like children to help you feel light-hearted again when things around you are chaotic. Daily I am overwhelmed, upset, and insulted by our current administration's way of handling this country. But our kids are so fantastic at making us smile and find some joy again a midst all the tumult.
For months, Kayla has been off and on keeping a diaper dry overnight. In the fall she was doing really well; averaging about 4 nights every week dry. Then winter came and sicknesses descended on the household so the average went down a bit.
Last night for the first time EVER, Kayla woke up in the middle of the night (despite having a fever and not feeling well at all) and asked to go "Pee". She has done this before, but always she had already gone in her diaper. Last night, she was still dry and sat on the toilet half asleep and went potty. In the morning, her diaper was still dry. Unfortunately she was also still sick. But I am so very proud of her even if we can't do happy dances because she has spent the entire day so far sleeping/resting on the couch or in her bed. Poor girl.
On a side note, last night was when I realized for the first time that she has switched from saying "potty" to saying "pee". I'm not sure when or how that happened, but I will miss her fun pronunciation of "pawww teee".
Another side note that is TOTALLY unrelated, Kayla has recently been going through a phase with markers. She likes to color with them, but dislikes putting the caps back on. Often she leaves them at the edge of the table where Elise can now reach them. The other day, they both ended up with marker all over their faces. Kayla was using the markers to apply "makeup", I believe, while Elise was just doing what she does best: eating them.
But darn it all, they are so cute that it's difficult to be all that angry when they do stuff like that.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!