Sunday, March 11, 2012

Flower girl

Kayla has been asked to be a flower girl in her aunt's wedding this summer. She will have just turned three. Being the mother that I am, we have already started practicing. Kayla is outgoing, but prone to have strange fits of shyness if she isn't familiar with something/someone. She would probably have been fine with little to no coaching, but I just couldn't take that chance, so we went to the library and checked out picture books about flower girls. I found Chris and my wedding video and pulled that out for Kayla to watch our flower girl and get some tips. And we have her walk up and down the hallway holding a little tissue paper flower to practice at least a couple times a week.

One day last month, I got out the video camera to get some footage to send to Chris' sister Emily. I thought she would get a kick out of seeing Kayla's sweet "flower girl march" down the aisle practicing for her wedding. The series of videos ended up being more funny than sweet and elegant....watch and see.







I think we'll keep practicing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!