Well it's true. We are having another baby. Yes, I realize that means that it certainly appears as though we aren't so great at NFP. Well, that's the thing about NFP; it's not so much about avoiding pregnancy as it is about being in God's will and communicating well with your spouse. We are on the same page. We do what we can and let God be God. That's really all we can do. And let's just say that we took a few risks, and it's clear from our past two pregnancies that if we TRULY NEED to avoid pregnancy at some point in our future, we will need to find 10 new hobbies each. (wink) In case you wonder about NFP and haven't read this link that I shared on facebook several weeks ago, here is an excellent post about it. Just click here
Anyway, here are the details you are just dying to know about my pregnancy, I'm sure:
1. The baby is due October 5. So, come, October, we will have a 3 year old, a 1 1/2 year old, and a newborn. We know many people will think we are crazy. Maybe we are. But there is a whole lot of love around here.
2. Once again, we will not be finding out the gender of our little one until he/she arrives.
3. Don't bother asking our name choices either. We don't share them. But we are open to suggestions, so feel free to share with us. In case you have forgotten, we have limited our first name choices to names with 6 letters or less. And there will be no names ending in "ette" or beginning with B. And think about the initials...there will be no SOB's around here.
4. I have officially guessed boy this time and Chris has guessed girl. I say "officially" because I always flip-flop all through the pregnancy. Currently I think our baby is a girl. But you can all hold me to my OFFICIAL guess when baby actually arrives.
5. Morning sickness hasn't been all THAT bad. I wouldn't have complained if it had been completely non-existent though. And it's been way more random than I remember with Kayla and Elise. As in, going past the first trimester and then going away and coming back a few days later...
6. In case you don't feel like doing the math, I am about 18 weeks.
7. I am showing a little now. Yesterday I had to put on my belly band for the first time this pregnancy because I just couldn't make it through the whole day comfortably in my jeans. :( boohoo! The picture below is today. (the others were taken back at 10 weeks or so)
8. Don't bother asking us if we are done. God would probably be your best bet for getting the answer to that.
9. We will be happy with a boy or a girl. God doesn't make mistakes, and we are willing to receive whatever gift He sends our way.
10. Kayla has had several funny reactions. We didn't share the news with her until last week because she would definitely have told somebody at this age. However, beginning sometime in March, Kayla told me she wanted a baby brother. Chris and I shrugged to each other (how does she know??) and told her, "We are rather cramped here in this house. Maybe we can have a baby when we get our new house." As a result, when we told Kayla that we were, in fact, going to have a baby, she responded very matter-of-factly that No, we were not because we don't have enough space here and we need to get a new house first. Ha.
Here are some of Kayla's musings on the baby and what we should name him/her.
11. Elise's reaction is to smile and babble. Oh wait, that is her reaction to everything right now.








So happy for you guys! And you are starting pregnancy #3 looking just as teeny and hot as if it were #1...amazing! Any old trolls who aren't excited for your growing family are probably just jealous of your rocking mommy bod.
ReplyDeletecongratulations, laura!!! so exciting!
ReplyDeleteI love those videos of Kayla! Hilarious! And I think if it's a girl you should name her Anna. and if it's a boy Peter. :)
ReplyDelete