This morning, I got up, made Chris his lunch, waved goodbye as he left, and happily jumped in the shower. It was 7:30 and the girls weren't awake, so I could get an uninterrupted shower. And I did.
However, when I got out of the shower, Kayla was out at the dining room table playing with my rubber stamp set and my "create your own greeting card" kit. I asked her how long she'd been up and she replied, "Oh, about 4 minutes." At that moment we heard Elise calling from her bed. The door to their room had been left wide open (by Kayla) so I asked, "And how long has she been up?" Kayla responded without missing a beat, "About 4 days, I think". I laughed. "4 days??" I asked her. She looked at me and asked, "How long have you been up?"
Later in the day, after Kayla was dressed in an adorable little dress, I told her, "Kayla, you are as cute as a button." She looked at me, looked down at her dress, and back at me saying, "Yes, it does have buttons, Mommy" I'm sure what she was thinking was Duh, Mom....
The neighbor lady smokes. She is kind enough to go out towards the end of the driveways when the weather gets warmer and we are all outside more, which is nice. Anyway, I'm sure Kayla wonders a bit about what exactly it is that the neighbor is doing since she sees the smoke blow out, but she has never actually asked us about it yet. Today though, she looked out the window during lunch and commented, "Well, 'Judy' is blowing her little whistle." There was no whistle, there was no noise, so I can only assume she was referring to her blowing on her cigarette, but I had to smile about her conclusion that 'Judy' must be blowing a whistle...
In the evening while I was preparing dinner, I gave Kayla and Elise a little snack at the table since it appeared that Chris was running late and thus dinner would be a little late as well. I looked over and Elise was making sweet little faces, so I told her she looked adorable. We are also trying to teach Elise some baby signs, so I promptly said, "Can you say thank you?" and showed her the sign for thank you. Kayla loves to help "teach" Elise the signs and always jumps right in and proceeds to show Elise the sign 6 more times, which she did. So I smiled at Kayla and told her, "You are adorable too." She looked right back at me and said, "I know." I stifled a laugh and told her that she was supposed to say 'thank you' when someone gave her a compliment. I tried again, "Your dress is very pretty." She replied, "Yes!" Then she giggled. Oh, that kid.
And because I believe there should be a picture of my kid in every post...

Hilarious! Kids say the darndest things!!!! THis was one of my all-time favorite posts! <3
ReplyDelete