Monday, June 25, 2012

Little Quiet Book

I'm not quite done with Kayla's quiet book yet, but I had so much fun, that I decided to make Elise a small one as well. Hers is much simpler and the cover piece will eventually need to be redone, but it should last through our 2 week long trip out East. Hope she likes it...

Page one: The Lion
His mane is all sorts of ribbons so she can feel all the fun different textures.


Page two: Tactile Flowers
The flowers are made with some lacy material that should be fun for her to touch.


Page three: The chicken (or duck) and the egg
There is a velcro that attaches and detaches the top of the broken egg and allows the chicken inside to pop out.




Page four: Counting beads
This is pretty self-explanatory. You move the beads around and practice counting. Kayla will be able to do that now; Elise will just move them around. I counted by fives.


Page five: Under the sea
I used fun ribbons and foil to make some underwater sea creatures that are very bright and tactile.


Page six: Family house
The windows and door open to reveal family photos. Peek-a-boo!




Ta-da! I am actually pretty proud of myself, but just wait till you see the one I made Kayla. I am REALLY proud of it (and spent a ton of time on it!). This one was much easier and faster to make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!