1. Oh, you are wondering about the baby and why I haven't posted a recent photo of my baby bump? Maybe because my big belly broke our camera. Ok, so that's not really what happened, but it sounds more dramatic and fun that way. What actually happened is that our little compact easy-to-whip-out-for-a-quick-photo camera just decided it was done dealing with our faces. And the new one that we ordered has been on back order for about 2 weeks now...and counting.
Side note* If those people don't send me my new camera before my child's birthday party and our big trip East this summer, they WILL taste my wrath. And it won't be pretty. Pregnant wraths never are.
2. Still wondering about the baby? I'm like 23 1/2 weeks or something like that. I don't have photographic evidence to prove it (see #1) but I feel like I am already the size I was at 33 weeks with the first two. Meaning, I am already feeling enormous. On the plus side, the baby is doing fantastically. He/she kicks me all the time and lets me know just how happy he is to be living in a little cocoon inside me.
3. I bought my first ever maternity swimsuit. With Kayla I only needed a swimsuit for about two weeks (she was born at the end of June and I was teaching through mid-June) so I made do. With Elise I wasn't even showing in the summer months. With this baby, I will be pregnant, huge, enormous, uncomfortable, and consequently crabby all through the summer (WHAT WAS I THINKING?). Haha, anyway, with all the family events that will utilize pools, I couldn't get away from getting the dreaded maternity swimsuit this time. Now is where I'm glad the camera broke though....
The idea of shopping for a swimsuit to wear when you have an enormous protrusion on your front side is really a frightening thought. I made it out alive and with a swimsuit. That's about all there is to say.
4. Kayla uses fun new words recently. Big words. Like Unfortunately and definitely. I love it when she tells me things like, "Unfortunately, Mommy, we can't go to the park today. The slides are too hot." OR "Mommy, we definitely need to buy some more bread." It's too funny.
5. Elise also uses fun new words. Hers are much smaller. She says things like "blatherblatherblah". I'm not really sure what it means, but it seems to mean something equivalent to your comic book "blah blah blah". She also says "Kah-la" (though it's usually Lala) for Kayla. She makes a lot of other squeals and noises that I'm sure mean something to her, but we haven't quite figured them out either.
6. I am now officially working for Immaculate Heart Radio as well. I answer emails. It's a stay at home position that I can do whenever I want. PERFECT! I still do some of the other stuff on the side (though not right now because it's SUMMER time).
7. I hate blog posts that don't include pictures. I think they are boring (too much like a newspaper article then)! I guess I will find something, anything to put on here so that this post doesn't fit into that category.

There you go. This is a picture I took last month of Kayla learning to help me in the kitchen. She is cutting bananas. I'm sure it really added to the post.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!