I was disappointed in the election. Mostly because of the outcome, but also because I never feel like my vote in CA actually counts for anything. The electoral college seems to me to be a silly system that makes me feel like the phrase "every vote counts" is a big fat lie. My vote doesn't count because I live in a huge state with too many liberals. And hey, they should get their vote too, but I should also get mine. REALLY get mine. My favorite color is blue, but I am so sick of seeing my state colored blue every election. I don't even have to watch the results to know it will be blue. And that doesn't seem very fair to me because my vote wasn't blue. Every state should be a mix of colors, plain and simple.
Anyway, it's also disheartening to me that marijuana and same sex marriage were so popular as well this election. I feel like our "one nation under God" is falling apart here.
Then I read this blogby a former professor at my alma mater. And it gave me hope. And it made me realize that my voice CAN count. My voice can count when I witness my faith to others. My voice can count when I'm faithful to God and HIS laws and commands. My voice can count when I pray and fast for our country, because I truly do believe that God has blessed America and will continue to if we remain faithful.

I personally think that the system has cracks that need tending to. It needs an update. I was really upset with the results as well, and I personally think the election should have been based off of Popular Votes. I don't want a silly democrat representing me when I'm Republican. Anyway, it shouldn't matter if there's more Democrats in California, we should still have a Republican representing us in the House.
ReplyDeleteI certainly understand that people will get voted in that I didn't choose, but I do wish that we lived in a true democracy where every vote DID actually count. He would have won anyway, but it always makes me wish I lived in a battleground state where my vote might have done something then instead of CA where it just gets deleted basically because there is a majority of Democrats out here.
ReplyDelete