I am a mom. The other moms know what I'm talking about. Everyone else probably judges me for what I like to call "mommy-isms".
Still not sure what I'm talking about?
Here's a few to get you started....
Sometimes I don't shower because my day was that busy. Yeah,even when I've been spit up on 9 times and had to change outfits 3 times. Scratch that--I'm on baby #3. I don't even change outfits anymore unless I'm actually leaving the house. Scratch that--who am I kidding? I go to the store all the time in spit-up-covered sweatshirts.
Can you imagine this cute face spitting up on me? Well she does. All the time, too.
On days when I do manage to fit a shower into my schedule, it is approximately 4 3/4 minutes long. And the door is always wide open and usually Elise is pulling the curtain open every 10-15 seconds. That may sound like I'm complaining, but I actually am grateful that I've even had a shower. See the previous paragraph.
Sometimes when Chris is home to watch the girls, I get a mostly uninterrupted shower that lasts 15 minutes. Pure bliss, right there. When you are a mom, you don't take things like a 15 MINUTE LONG SHOWER for granted. Ever.

Ha, ha, love this! 15 minute showers are definitely a luxury once you have little ones I have come to find out. :)
ReplyDeleteCompared to the 2 minute showers I had bootcamp, I think I'll have the whole shower thing down once we start having children.
ReplyDelete(Laura D. Bissonnette)