Sunday, February 24, 2013

7 Quicktakes for February

1. I started a new blog. This blog (B is for Bissonnette) isn't going anywhere, but I want it to be filled with only the updates and information about our little family and what we are up to. My other blog will be a public one where I will share details of the crafts I do with the girls, recipes, devotions, and other experiences of that nature. If you are interested in checking that blog out as well, visit me here at Roses for Mommy (THIS LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED- I merged the blogs back together again- August 2015 update).

2. We visited Point Reyes last weekend, but what I didn't note because we have no pictures is that we stopped in the town of Petaluma. A lovely little place; I wish we'd had more time to explore it. We walked around downtown and found a little place to eat. I had some recommendations from a friend of mine who used to live there, but the Zazzle Cafe she suggested where we wanted to eat was FULL and we didn't want to chance ruining everyone else's experience by carting three kids (already tired from a long day hiking in Point Reyes) in during the dinnertime rush. My very favorite sights in Petaluma, though, were the Victorian-style homes near the downtown. They were so fun to look at and I found my mind wandering back to more Victorian times and the elegance of it all. (See the picture below for the type of house I'm talking about)

It's a little place, but a place I hope to go back and explore more in the future.

3. Ava is now a rolling machine. She rolls from tummy to back and from back to tummy. And she is an ambidextrous roller which I don't remember either of the others being (at least not right at the start). She is also doing the 'pre-crawl scootch' (getting up on her elbows/hands and knees and pushing herself forward, sideways, and even backwards at times. I thought we had made a pact that she was going to be my baby for longer, but I guess I should have got it in writing...

This video shows her rolling and getting up on her hands and knees a bit


4. Kayla can somersault now. She is also obsessed with her baby sister and learning her letter sounds.



5. Elise got a haircut. Both Kayla and Elise have needed their first haircuts to save them from horrible hair-dos of the 80's. Kayla's hair around this age was a natural (and awful) mullet. Elise was rocking a rat tail. So snip, snip went Mommy's scissors and now she's got a little bob.


6. Chris painted the bathroom. You can see it here during the process. It is blue and tan. I sure have a talented and highly motivated husband. And he's so good to us (and our house!)


7. True to my word, I have been having more fun experimenting with crepes. I made some strawberry cranberry crepes with an orange sauce (a variation of the apple cranberry ones) and some filled with ice cream and drizzled with chocolate for a Valentine's Day treat.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are way too cute! And those crepes look so delicious!!!!!!!!! You are definitely invited to my birthday...not that you weren't already. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!