Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mystical Rose


I love the title of Mary, Mystical Rose. 
 At this website I found the really lovely old poem which I borrowed for this post


Poem to the Virgin Mary: Mystical Rose with Prayer 


Mystical Rose

THERE is no rose of such virtue 
As is the rose that bear Jesu: 
Alleluia.

For in this rose containéd was 
Heaven and earth in little space: 
Res Miranda.

By that rose we may well see 
There be one God in Persons Three: 
Pares forma.

The angels sang, the shepherds too: 
Gloria in Excelsis Deo: 
Gaudeamus.

Leave we all this worldly mirth 
And follow we this joyful birth: 
Transeamus.

By an unknown Medieval Author

Res Miranda, thing to be marvelled at. Pares forma, equal in nature. Gaudeamus, let us rejoice. Transeamus, let us go hence.




Did I mention I love poetry?  Did I mention I love Jesus' Mom?
I am really thankful that she was such a great Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!