
I was 8 years old when Shannon was born. At the time, I had tons of older siblings, and an annoying little brother (sorry, Robbie!), but I had no little sister. I was THRILLED! I loved my new little sister so much that I was willing to do ALL the baby jobs. I didn't just hold her and give her a bottle; I got spit up on and changed the dirty diapers too. A LOT. And I didn't do any of it grudgingly because I LOVED being a big sister.
My mom tells a story of how I was holding Shannon in the narthex of the Church one day and I tripped and fell. Everyone nearby watched in horror as I tumbled to the ground holding a tiny little baby. They needn't have worried. My only thought when I tripped was to make sure when I fell, Shannon was safe. And she was.
Shannon and I haven't always been close. We went through some years where it seemed like we might never be the type of sisters who share everything and call each other best friend. But we've gone through years where we made tons of fun memories together and talked about anything and everything under the sun.
She is beautiful, she is passionate, she is sweet, and she is kind. Shannon cares deeply and is a loyal friend. You don't have to wonder if she'll have your back; you know she will.
She was young, only 15, when Chris and I got married. I wondered about what part she should play, but it soon became clear to me that there really was no other choice than to ask both my sisters to be my maid/matron(s) of honor. They were my sisters. They were my closest friends.
There's only two sisters in the White Christmas movie, but this song always reminds me of both my sisters anyway.
Sisters
And for some laughs why not throw this in there?
Sisters (spoof)
I love you, Shannon!

AWWWWWWW! This just made my day!!!!! <3 I LOVE YOU TOO! I have the best big sisters in the whole world! <3 <3 <3
ReplyDelete