Friday, October 4, 2013

Less than 7 quicktakes- October 4

This week has been very busy with Ava's first birthday, party planning, and trying to get yard work done. So I've got maybe 4 quicktakes.

1. The yard.

We have been working and working and working. We are working on growing grass. We removed the lava rocks and put in mulch in the front yard. We are in the midst of putting some mulch down in the back yard as well as get rid of piles of yard waste from previous "trimmings". We got rid of the hot tub and recently got rid of the wood decking that was around and underneath it. We are still trying to get rid of the concrete square that was beneath the hot tub, but we have a few people interested. I saved a tiny bit of the wood decking for a project and to make a cute sign for Ava's Winnie the Pooh party.

The front yard looks SO MUCH BETTER! Right?

2. The kids have been trying my patience a lot this week. It seems as though they have one volume: loud. I should be looking at the positive side and seeing that Kayla and Elise are now actually PLAYING TOGETHER, but when I'm trying to get things done around the house or answer work emails, the really shrill screams and giggles mostly just irritate me.

Yeah, just when I think I have mom skills, ANY activity this week put me in my place real quick. It's time to slow down and count my blessings...

3. Here are a few cute pictures of the girls from this week




4.
Yeah......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!