Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Consecration to the Cross Prayer


The following is a prayer that I prayed with my household (a group of women in college who were both my friends and spiritual support ).  We had a special devotion to Our Lady, Theotokos (Greek for Mother of God) and spent a good deal of time in prayer with her at the foot of the Cross.  My household sisters are still a part of my life today, even those I do not know because I know they are praying wherever they are.  This is my favorite "household prayer" that we prayed together when I was at school, and I still continue to pray it (generally as a "morning offering" of sorts) most days.  I am sharing it with you because it is simple, to the point, and reminds us to pick up our crosses daily and carry them with our Lord to Calvary and there let him redeem us!

Consecration Prayer

My Jesus, I consecrate myself this day to your holy cross.  Just as you took upon yourself that great cross for the sake of all humanity, so I vow to embrace the crosses in my life.  Everything I suffer I give back to you, my Sweet Jesus, to atone for my sins and those of all the world.  I will begin and end each day at the foot of the cross, together with our most Blessed Mother and Saint John, our brother.  My only pleasure will be to comfort you my sweet Savior.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!