Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Condo- Part 2- Upstairs

In my last post about the condo, I shared about our living space downstairs: the laundry closet, kitchen, dining and living room. That leaves only our two little bedrooms upstairs that are identical (when they're empty). The bedrooms are separated by a little hallway with some shelves and each bedroom has a small walk-in closet and a bathroom. Ours has a shower only, and the girls' has a bathtub and shower.

When I met our next door neighbor the day we moved in, I was bringing empty boxes out to our garage. First Kayla ran out from our place, then Elise came bounding behind her, and when Ava toddled up the sidewalk, I saw his eyes widen significantly. "Is it a bit snug for you all in there?" he asked. And I replied, "Well yes, but we are fortunate that we have always had them sleep in the same room together, so it wasn't nearly so difficult a transition as it could have been". He nodded and we chatted about many other things. He's a sweet man who has 4 grand kids of his own whom he gets to hang out with regularly and he clearly loves it. But I digress.... I was speaking about our girls' sleeping arrangement. Chris and I got wise when Ava arrived, and decided to purchase a bunk bed, and not just a bunk bed, but one that has a trundle option underneath. Currently I have bags of the girls' clothes in sizes they aren't wearing right now bagged up and stored in the trundle, but it's there for when we need it...



When we moved from our house, we also lost our little play area for the girls, so we have to keep all their toys in their room as well. They fit pretty well surprisingly.


We don't have a beach view from our condo, but did I mention that we are only about 20-25 minutes from the beach? I am pretty sure we have spent a day at the beach every weekend since we've moved....we love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!