1. Lilo and Stitch was recent movie pick, and Kayla came up with this outfit inspired by the Hawaiian movie theme all by herself. It's a headband and a bunch of washcloths. I was totally impressed with her creativity.



2. We visited Lake Mission Viejo with the girls for the first time. They loved it.






3. My godfather, Paul, and his wife Agnes joined us for Elise's birthday dinner. When asked what she wanted for her birthday meal, Elise answered, "Pasta!", which gave me tons of choices. I made a white sauce and chicken lasagna which was very yummy. Ava at about half the pan, so perhaps this will be her birthday meal too...

4. Kayla found some of my clothes after church last week and put them on. She approached me, grinning from ear to ear, and informed me that she was me!

5. We are working on getting our passports. A friend has a cabin of sorts in Mexico, and has invited us down. There's no date set, but passports are a pain to get so we are taking care of this business now so that we can go if we are able. I absolutely refused to pay $10+ person for passport pictures, so we took some at home, uploaded them through a website to put them in the proper size format, and ta-da! We paid only $2 or so- for the 5 of us. Here is the previews of Ava's passport!

6. I got a new and improved phone (an Android) and I also decided to update my number since I no longer live anywhere near Richmond, VA. I'll send out an email with the new number very soon. Here are the first pictures I took of my little sweethearts on my new phone. Boy, are they ever getting big!



7. Ava is chatting up a storm these days, though it's still mostly jibber jabber. She does surprise us at times with random words and short sentences, though, like the day she spouted out, "wa-wa cup" when she wanted some water. Just yesterday when Chris was reading a Finding Nemo book to the girls, she pointed to the picture of the whale blasting Marlin and Dory out the blowhole in the Sydney harbor, and said, "Fih (fish) go ow (out)". As you can see from the picture of Kayla in her Hawaiian garb with Ava in the background, Ava has also become a very proficient photo-bomber. This is my favorite of her photo bombs so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!