Monday, April 28, 2014

Musical Monday- "When God Ran" plus some recipes

 In my post about our plans to celebrate the canonization of John Paul II (see here), I said I'd let you all know what our dinner plans ended up being and here I am to do just that.  It. Was. Delicious.


  • Pierogies (while I'd love to try making pierogies from scratch sometime, these were the frozen store bought variety)


  • Baked Carrots with cumin
  • Sausage (Polish would have been preferable since we were going for a Polish meal, but we had sweet Italian sausages in the freezer, so we figured we'd honor John XXIII, who was Italian....win, win!)
  • Mizeria (Polish cucumber salad)

And of course, we made the delicious "Pope Cake" (see the link about our celebration plans).  Ava absolutely LOVED it and begged for seconds.  


Each Monday, I try to find a song to expand your musical horizons, make you reminisce about a past event/time, or reflect on God's great love for each of us.  Today, the song I chose is one that I hadn't listened to in awhile, but there was a time where I would listen to it on repeat several times through, and just listen or sing out my praise for a God who runs to us with his love and mercy.  

                       
"When God Ran"- written by Benny Hester.  This version is sung by Phillips, Craig, and Dean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!