We have finally made it to letter R (actually like 2 weeks ago, but I'm dreadfully behind on getting our "R" projects up. We celebrated Elise's 3rd birthday, and the hubby and I went on a big hike, and I'm currently in the middle of scoring high school exit exams...BUSY (but nonetheless blessed!).
St. Rose is, of course, very near and dear to my heart because she is my patron Saint. I was named after my great-grandmother, Rose, but my mom also made sure to educate me on the wonderful Saint whose name my great-grandma and I share. Rose of Lima. I have read several books over the years about her life and it never grows old to me. She was a woman filled with humility and great love for our Lord.
A brief summary of St. Rose:
St. Rose's birth name was Isabel. Rose was a nickname given to her because of her great beauty. She lived almost as a hermit in a hut in her parent's garden, devoting her life to helping her family, prayer, and penance. At her confirmation she took the name Rose, and eventually took the habit of the third order of St. Dominic. She did even more extreme penance and cared for the homeless, elderly, and sick.
![]() |
| I believe we can safely say that a this quote of Fulton Sheen's sums up St. Rose's life. |
St. Rose is the first canonized Saint of the New World. Her feast day is August 23 and she is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines.
God our Father, for love of you, Saint Rose gave up everything to devote herself to a life of penance. By the help of her prayers, may we imitate her selfless way of life on earth and enjoy the fullness of your blessings in heaven. Grant this through our Lord, Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
![]() |
| A quote I have shared many times before, but it is a great one especially as we approach Good Friday. |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!