Sunday, November 30, 2014

What I Wore: First Sunday of Advent

Sorry, folks, my maternity wardrobe at nearly 38 weeks is not deep enough to include much purple to coordinate nicely with the season of hope and joyful expectation that is upon us.  So I'm wearing browns and white.  Not the most festive, but neutral and nice.

I really wanted to wear my brown sandals, but they could not be found anywhere this morning.  I'm going to blame my two year old....

What I wore: 
White maternity tank: Ross
Brown skirt: I have no idea where I got this.  I have had it for-ev-ah!
Brown belt: Ross
White sandals: Ross
Thanksgiving earrings: made by my Aunt Cindy

    

I am just about 38 weeks, people, so in less than 4 weeks, we meet our newest little family member.  If I am lucky, it will be two weeks or less... 

I must say that I am really loving all the unknowns at this point though because it really helped me this morning to understand the season of Advent a bit more and that idea of joyful expectation.  What with preparing our hearts for Jesus at Christmas and preparing for our newest bundle of joy, there is a whole lot of waiting, joyful expectation, and preparing our hearts going on around here.   

We finally got around to adding some more to our family guesses, so I edited this post from last week  with our guesses of birth time and weight and some name ideas from the girls.  Don't forget to check out the post and join the fun by making some guesses of your own.  


Happy New Year in the Church and have a blessed Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!