Sunday, November 16, 2014

What I Wore: One Month Until Baby

So I've been joining @mommainflipflops and @ellentcmom on Instagram for a November #RealMomStyleChallenge every Friday (who doesn't love a good giveaway?) which is why I've got two outfits to share this week. Each Friday they have a little "mom style theme"; The first week was "Not Your Everyday Mom Uniform", and this past week was "Diva in the Checkout Line". I actually had a lot of fun glamming it up a little.  I even visited an actual checkout line (we had some groceries to pick up that day) so that I could rock my very-pregnant mommy style and feel glamorously large rather than just large like I feel a lot of days at this point in a pregnancy.
                 
It never ceases to amaze me how just a slightly different angle can make the belly look so much bigger or smaller in pregnancy.  The photo on the right makes it look like I am perhaps back in the second trimester...do not be fooled.  It's a lie.  Check out my ever-present photo bombing 2 year old too....and then see how she just totally outdid herself in the next photo bomb picture.  But it actually made for a pretty cool picture, I thought....

I love all these various challenges I find from my friends in mommy fashion, because I am the type of person who needs motivation in the style department as well as direction in choosing outfit pairings.  This past year, participating in these sorts of challenges and link-ups, has really helped me develop a style of my own that I can feel confident about.  Moms are constantly on the go-go-go and constantly giving and giving some more, and it is such a help to feel as beautiful as our hubbies and kids think and know we are.  It's US who can't seem to see past our least favorite body part. Taking some time to care about the way I look on the outside, helps me remember that my whole self is beautiful, not just my work to love and care for my family, but every aspect of ME, because God created me and loves me. 

I loved that today's readings were such a great reminder that life is about being in communion with God and finding your peace and security in HIM, first and foremost.  It is that humility, love, and quiet inner peace that makes us beautiful from the inside out.  Let's strive to be that sort of woman.  

   

Are you seeing what I'm talking about with a slightly different camera angle?  For some reason my camera takes horrible pictures inside (notice the terrible lighting in the pic on the right), but I put that one in here so you can see how much more my belly sticks out in it.  That is so you know that I am telling the truth when I say we haven't had a kid under 8 lbs yet and I don't expect this one to be under our average.
  

See my necklace? I haven't worn it in awhile because my daughter broke a little piece, and I took a long time getting to a craft store to pick up a little loop to attach it back together nice and easy.  But it's pretty much my favorite necklace ever.  It's filled with browns, and golds, and white, so it's SUPER versatile.
What I Wore: 
Navy  and white dotted dress: (empire waist, not actually maternity though) from my sis-in-law
Brown belt: Ross
Mustard cardigan: Target
Brown slouch boots: Overstock.com
Necklace: Soleil (Premier Designs)

Join the ladies over at Finelinenandpurple.com for some beautiful and modest style inspiration. 

And head on over to the Real Mom Style link-up over at mommainflipflops.com for more fashion ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!