Advent has just begun and at 38 weeks pregnant, I go back and forth between being completely impatient for baby's arrival and reflecting on what this season of wondrous waiting and joyful anticipation is really about. And this verse, this simple little verse, keeps resonating in my heart.
Mary didn't know everything that would happen. She didn't know how it would all play out. She simply took it all in. She opened her heart and just allowed the Spirit to move and guide her and inspire her. She reflected. She pondered. And she waited on the Lord.
![]() |
| Image found on Pinterest here |
It's so tempting at this time of year to just get busy with what we call "preparation for Christmas" (all the presents, the goodies, the decorations, the hype) and I truly think there is beauty to be found in all of that fun and celebration, but the true preparation for Christmas--receiving Christ, our King, has to happen in our hearts. And I think this verse is exactly how we do it.
Write this verse on your bathroom mirror or write it on a little note card and place it somewhere you'll see it each day. Read it, pray it, and while you do all those other preparations, take the time to reflect with Mary on the life of Jesus and on the gift that he is to a broken world.
Let's prepare our hearts to truly adore Christ the Lord, our newborn King, this year.
![]() |
| Image found on Pinterest here |
This song is one of my favorites, but especially at this time of year. From what I can tell the writing of this song is somewhat of a collaboration between Chris Eaton and Amy Grant and of course, Amy Grant's recording of it is very popular and well-known. I love this Point of Grace version as well, and I thought the video with it was really beautiful. I hope this helps you to travel with Mary this Advent and ponder the life of Christ and his great love for each of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!