Thursday, January 1, 2015

Baby Sophie Stats

I thought what everyone needed to start off their wonderful new year was a post filled with pictures and updates on Sophie.  So let's get started.


She is beautiful and "practically perfect in every way". 
Sophie is still a champion sleeper.  She continues to sleep about 4-6 hours at night, wake up to eat, and go back to sleep for another 2-4 hours.  
When she's awake, she likes to just hang out- similar to the picture above.  
She loves to look at people (or at least in the direction of the voices she hears if they are too far away).  She still fits into newborn size outfits.  

At her appointment a couple days ago, the pediatrician proclaimed her to be perfect.  I tend to agree. 



First bath pictures!
I believe I got the water temperature a little cooler than she wanted it.  But I like to err on the side of caution with these things.  And she settled down quickly, especially once she was cozied up in her hooded towel.  

 
Her second bath experience was better.  
I got the water temperature just to her liking and she hung out looking around.  And we got a little picture of her in the little baby robe that her Uncle Bob and Aunt Priscilla purchased back when we were expecting Kayla.  Too cute...every time. Every kid. 

     

Sophie's big sisters all have very different reactions to her.  Kayla loves to hold her.  A lot (you've seen posts about this previously).  Ava loves to hold her too, but only for VERY brief periods of time.  As in 5 seconds.  But usually like 5 times in a row.  It's a bit like hot potato--she and I hand the baby back and forth a few times, and then she's off to a new activity.  Elise almost never wants to hold her, but is VERY protective of her and asks tons of questions about her.  ("Does she need to eat?", "What's that on her tummy?", "Is she coming home with us?").  When we visited my godfather and his wife, Agnes was holding her, and Elise made sure to inform her that "we are taking Sophie home with us".  

Look, she's still little!  And we are loving it!

3 day stats: 
7 lbs. 12 oz. 
20 1/4 inches

2 week stats: 
8 lbs. 8 oz (back above birth weight)
20 1/2 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!