Wednesday, February 11, 2015

God's Word-filled Wednesday: Jeremiah 31:3 and Romans 8:38-39

image found on Pinterest

I have loved you with an EVERLASTING love. Everlasting.  That means it lasts forever!!! 

And you'll notice there are no strings attached.  

God loves you NO MATTER WHAT!

That's a tough concept for me.  I am a rule-follower.  I like to follow the rules (most of the time anyway).  It makes me feel safe and it gives me a feeling of purpose.  And I am not trying to say that rules are bad.  They are necessary.  But God doesn't love us because we follow the rules.  

God loves me because I am His.  

image found on Pinterest

As St. Valentine's Day approaches, let's reflect on the everlasting love that God has for us and ponder the words, "NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM GOD'S LOVE".  His love is always there, and if we seek him, we will always find it.  

And on that note, it is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.  Mary appeared to St. Bernadette many years ago and today we celebrate Mary, the Immaculate Conception.  There are many who are concerned that Catholics worship Mary.  The quote below addresses this concern.  Mary isn't trying to separate us from God's love; she is trying to bring us to Christ--she who knew him so intimately as His own mother--she who bore Him in her womb--she who watched Him suffer for love of us.   
What love!

"We never give more honor to Jesus than when we honor his Mother, and we honor her simply and solely to honor Him all the more perfectly.  We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek--Jesus, her Son."
-St. Louis de Montfort



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!