She eats every 2-3 hours during the day except in the evening and at night. In the evening she generally eats about every hour or two from 6pm until 10 or 10:30pm, which is usually about when she falls asleep. Overnight she eats about twice, once usually around midnight and the other around 5 or 6 am. She often goes back to sleep after her early AM feeding and sleeps till 9 or 10 if we are home and I don't wake her to run errands or go to the park etc. earlier.
The picture with Chris is her first ride on the Carousel (that was earlier on in January), and the one with me is her first ride on King Triton's Carousel in California Adventure just last week. All the girls love the Carousels and it's a fun ride because we can all do it together.
6 Week Stats:
Height: 22 inches (an inch and a half taller than 4 weeks ago)
Weight: 10 lbs. 13 oz. (more than two pounds bigger than she was 4 weeks ago!)
Head circumference: 37 cm
She is out of the newborn sleepers, and is wearing 0-3 months clothing currently. Sophie has begun cooing to us and smiles quite often when she is awake. Her diaper size is still 1, and she continues to be a loud breather and eater. I wouldn't quite call it snoring, but she does have a bit of a snuffle when she sleeps. Her favorite sleeping positions are on her tummy and snuggled up in someone's arms.
Be still, my heart
These two girls love each other a lot. All of them do, but right now these two share a special little Biggest sis/Littlest sis bond and it is so cute!
Last week, Sophie and I began my tradition of watching the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice with each of my babies. It's something I have done with each of them when they were little babies (all that time nursing makes for good time to watch a show, read blog posts, and even read books, but it's slow going since you do these things in 15-20 minute increments). Watching a movie like Pride and Prejudice during nursing times can take weeks....and I love to draw it out; it adds even more drama to the movie drama. This time I invited the other girls to watch some of it with the baby and I. They aren't interested in all the drama between Lizzie and Mr. Darcy, but they do like all the fancy dresses and dancing.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!