Saturday, March 14, 2015

Uncle Nicholas' Visit - Part 4- Balboa Park and Coronado Island

I finally got some of Nicholas' pictures put into a format that I can upload onto the blog, so that I could share some more about his visit in January. I only took a handful of pictures myself that particular afternoon.  After our morning at the Point Loma Lighthouse, we headed to Balboa Park in San Diego.  The weather had been cloudy that morning, and we got some nice rain showers at Balboa.  It's a huge park with tons of museums, gardens, and other attractions, but we weren't able to experience all that much of it between the rain and trying to keep the kids on some kind of schedule where there wouldn't be a melt-down in the middle of a large public area.

We went to the Botanical Building and admired the plant life there.  
   


The following pictures are all Nick's







Some beautiful architecture 

 

And a fun fountain








And a few pictures on our way back to the car....


And on to Coronado Island...
where we watched the Navy Seals training on the beach for a bit--highly impressive, those Seals. 




And just drove around a bit enjoying some sights.  Like this-- Hotel del Coronado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!