Friday, May 22, 2015

7 Quickdates Friday: May 2015

I tend to only ever get to these things once a month, but here are a few tidbits from our month of May thus far.

1.We moved!
It is about 2 blocks away (1/4 mile) from our old place and it all happened very quickly.  We had been searching for months (pretty much since January) and it's a really tough housing and renting market down here, so we waited and waited and prayed and hoped.  And then this came along (thanks to our old neighbor) and we packed up and moved in a week's time.  With 4 kids.  My mom came for a day trip and helped clean out the old place.  Chris and I moved some of the stuff in the morning, and our kind neighbor came and helped Chris a little later and we moved out the rest over the next few days by car.  
     

Here's the new kitchen....a preview for you!  I will post pictures of the place once we are more fully settled.

2. Beach days

At least once a month we go to the beach.  Here are some really sweet shots I got of the girls on one of our recent trips. 




3. Park Days

We didn't have a large yard in our condo (we had a small patio) and we still don't (BUT it's about twice as big as the last patio, so yay!).  We often go to nearby parks during the day or in the evenings so the girls can run around, get fresh air, and have some space.  
 

 


4. Disneyland days

And of course, we took advantage of our Disneyland annual passes by taking a few trips to Disneyland this month.  Here are a few shots from a trip.  The girls saw a show we've never seen before at the Golden Corral which was fun for them.  The 60th Anniversary celebrations start today, so we are excited to get back soon and check out some of that fun!!
 

    

 


5.  Our first pool day of the season

It was quite warm a couple weeks ago--warm enough that I decided the girls would enjoy a trip to the condo pool.  They had a blast and Sophie and I took selfies.  haha


 


6. Family walks and art festival

We went on a lovely walk one evening and saw bunny rabbits everywhere!  On the way we stopped at a local art festival.  Folks were busy drawing with chalks and I think this might have been the girls' favorite drawing.  I should have taken pictures of more of them--it was all very impressive.

 



7. Random silliness

We have daily episodes of silly around here.  Here's a few cute, goofy shots I caught of the girls recently.  

 


Be sure to check out the blog this week because I am finally getting caught up on some posts about things like Mother's Day, our trip to Phoenix etc.....

Oh, and it rained.  A few times.  Yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!