Once again I am more than a week late getting the monthly baby update post up here, but I have a better excuse this month. There was sickness in the house for the past week or so. At first I waited a couple days to take Sophie's 8 month pictures because she wasn't feeling well, but then she didn't feel well for awhile, so I just figured Hey, she was SICK at 8 months. So, that is what the 8 month pictures will be. Also the lighting was horrible, so they are just all around terrible pictures this month. Life goes on.
Welp, here she is at 8 months (a little over 17 lbs)
In the last month she has hit ALL kinds of milestones. And really most of this was in the two weeks prior to her turning 8 months. Just after 7 months and for about those next 2-3 weeks is when she really started doing everything, all at once.
One day she was "officially" crawling in the standard crawling form (no more yoga crawl like she's been doing for the past month or two). A few days later she was pulling onto her knees on the couch. Not two days later, she was pulling herself to standing. A few days after that she began cruising after she pulled herself up. Right around the time she started pulling herself up on furniture, she also discovered the stairs and climbed up those. She (of course) needs someone to spot her, because if she gets distracted by something behind her, she has no concept of how high up she is and how dangerous it is).
A few days before the 8 month mark, she cut another tooth, then another, and then another....and just a week after, I believe I see another popping through, which would make a grand total of 6 teeth, 4 of which came in the last 2 weeks. Yes, she's been more cranky, in case you were wondering. During the time she was cutting teeth, she also came down with a nasty cold and cough (she still has the cough) and developed a fever that lasted several days. I brought her to the doctor's a few days ago when the fever was sticking around and Sophie was becoming more and more listless and lethargic. She got an antibiotic shot which turned things around, but developed a little rash afterwards. Poor kid.
Around the time that those teeth were popping through, she said her first word- Dada! Unfortunately Chris was gone on a last minute business trip (grrrr!) so he missed her saying it the first time. I was able to get a video of it to send to him, so he could at least hear it that way while he was away, but it was a bummer that he missed out. The other night I was out at the store, and Sophie was crying and upset, and Chris said she said Mama several times. So she's on her way to developing the beginnings of her vocabulary.
She still nurses primarily, but when she wasn't sick, she was up to about one meal plus some snacking on solids of various kinds. We really haven't done "baby" food. I just give her things that I think she can handle with her two bottom teeth (once these 4 new ones are fully in, she'll have even more options). She likes nectarines, raspberries, and applesauce best. I gave her some mashed up mixed veggies which she liked and she was a fan of our faux-mashed potato cauliflower the other night as well.
It has definitely been a big month for our little Sophinator. She grew in leaps and bounds plus had to deal with being sick. She's doing a lot better and it's wonderful to see her smile and hear her babbling like crazy again. But when she was sick, there was a lot of general crankiness and TONS of sleeping.
I loved all the cuddles (Chris did too as you can see), but it is tough to see your baby not feeling well.

We love you, Sophie Bean, and hope you are feeling 100% really soon. Despite not feeling well and cutting a bunch of teeth all at once, you always try to put on a brave face and give us smiles. Love you, sweet girl. I can't believe you are on the verge of toddlerhood already with all your recent milestones. What a big girl!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!