Sunday, March 13, 2016

What I Wore Sunday- 2 Weeks Till Easter!

I can hardly believe it is only two more weeks until Easter!  It seemed to come very quickly.  As a child, I felt like the end of Lent was always so far off in the distance and that Easter would never arrive....but this year, Lent seems to have breezed by.  So much going on around me and so many profound books on my nightstand that I took a breath only to realize that Resurrection is right around the corner!

We have been battling a 24 hour stomach bug that has passed through the ranks and caused some sleepless nights and well, I'll spare you any more details...

This morning, Chris succumbed to the nasty bug, so I ventured to Mass on my own with the girls.  Considering the time change and the fact that time changes with kids= craziness and insanity for parents....I'm not really sure what I was thinking.  But I've been reading a whole lot about trusting in the mercy and goodness of God, so I thought I'd be the little soul that I am and dive in and just beg God for the graces.  It was tiring, but I didn't come home unsettled and with my head about to explode, so I'd say God poured out some grace this morning.  

Kayla, Elise, and Ava were all quite good.  Elise does enjoy turning around and looking at the people behind us, so I had to turn her around a few times, and Ava is always at least a little bit of a handful, but she was in great form for her this morning.  Sophie is the biggest "problem" these days.  She's a 15 month old, loud, excitable, social, little sweetheart who wants to run around constantly.  And she is still taking two naps, so Mass is always tricky because it falls somewhere right in that time when she's beginning to get cranky....   She was not even "naughty"- just restless, tired, and she wanted badly to run down the aisles saying hello and smiling to everyone at Mass.   Keeping her happy and in my arms was a total body workout, but as I said, my prayer this morning was pretty much, "Send more grace, Jesus.  Send more grace!"  over and over and we made it.  


So here's what we wore Sunday

It's hard to see the whole outfit, but here are the details:

Pink camisole- Ross
Gray chevron dress- Ross
Navy cardi- Target
Navy leggings- nomorerack.com
Gray boots- gift from my husband
Navy earrings- Premier Designs

Linking up again this week over at Rosie's blog: a Blog for My Mom, so you should jump over there and check out some fun Sunday style.  There are always so many great ideas and fun looks.  

8 comments:

  1. Good for you, taking them all by yourself!! I've *still* never done that... My mom's going to be out of town next week and I was considering taking everybody myself until I realized it was Palm Sunday! We're just gonna wake up crazy-early and take everyone to the early Mass :)

    Love your dress! Looks like an awesome staple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Rosie! Yes, it is an awesome staple. Simple color scheme, nice pattern, easy to pair with a lot of things!

      Delete
  2. I love your gray Chevon dress! Looks like a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, major props to you for taking all four girls alone!! We're in the same boat every mass with our 17-month old- that age is cute so tricky. And I love the pattern and color of your dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one year old busy all the time phase is a tough one! And it's so CUTE!....everywhere but Mass! :)

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous! I am so impressed you took them all by yourself! I have yet to attempt that, but I should follow your example and depend more on God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I knew once I was there that the ONLY way we were making it through was God's grace because yikes! I'm not always good at asking Him for it, but boy does He ever have it! Matt Maher's song, "Your Grace is Enough" always, always hits home for me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!