Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Sunday Best- Corpus Christi

This morning was a mixed bag at Mass.  Sophie was pretty good and kept fairly quiet and didn't squirm crazy amounts which is a small miracle for her 18(ish) month old self.   Our 3YO, Ava, on the other hand, was talking (in her quieter voice yes, but talking) for the majority of Mass.  And afterwards during the Corpus Christi procession and benediction, she was being fairly obnoxious and trying to jump all over her sisters and pulling at their dresses.  The older two were quiet, thank goodness. But despite the chattering and the noise, I was so excited to receive Jesus today.  Just before communion I sent up a silent plea because I was tired and frustrated with our chatty Cathy, and God must have poured some extra grace out because receiving Jesus today felt SO beautiful and blessed.  Thank you, Lord. 

One of my favorite prayers is the Anima Christi and this is one of favorite days to pray it.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. 
Body of Christ, save me.  
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. 
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O Good Jesus, hear me. 
Within your wounds hide me. 
Permit me not to be separated from you.
From the wicked foe, defend me. 
At the hour of my death, call me
and bid me come to you
that with your saints I may praise you 
forever and ever.  Amen.  






This is the black dress on it's own.  One of my favorites in my maternity closet.  You can't see it in this pic, but you can in the one above it; it has a cute little tie that you can know in the front over your bump.  

My Sunday Best:

Black Maternity Dress: Motherhood Maternity
Mustard cardi: Target
Black/gray leggings: Ross
Brown boots: gift from hubby
Necklace: Premier Designs

Baby bump: 25+ weeks

     

And the girls wore their flower girl dresses from my sister's wedding, but no picture from today, so I'll give you one from Easter when they are also wearing the dresses.  So cute.  


Sophie wore a lovely dress that I thought was perfect for Corpus Christi.  It's red on top with a lovely flowy white skirt, but alas, I didn't get a picture of her either before she was stripped down to her diaper for breakfast.  :)


Annnnnnnnd, I am feeling light-headed, so I'm going to direct you over to Rosie's blog to link up for My Sunday Best this week.  You can also join in on Instagram using the hashtag #mysundaybest.  

9 comments:

  1. Nice haircut!
    I also like the anima Christi - I love to sing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Oooh, sung! That sounds gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. You look so cute! I love the boots. And coordinating dresses on little girls is always too sweet. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! Luckily I just needed to take a break and drink some more water and I felt better before too long.

      Delete
  3. You look so cute! I love the boots. And coordinating dresses on little girls is always too sweet. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that maternity dress is a great cut on you! I can only seem to find tent-like dresses or skin tight ones...

    And I love the Anima Christi, too ;) What beautiful language!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree. So hard to find a good fit--I got lucky with this one a few pregnancies ago.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!