Sunday, May 22, 2016

My Sunday Best- Holy Trinity Sunday

I went for simple and easy this week and since Colorado has finally conceded that it's spring (I hope, pray...please, God??!!)  I didn't need many a layer.  I did end up wearing my navy 3/4 sleeve cardi to Mass (not pictured), but I wish I had taken it off early on because it was pretty warm.  Instead I was stuck in the extra warmth of that cardi in the back of the church with jovial-loud-sociable Sophie for the latter half of Mass...

But I'm not complaining.  I got to listen to all the readings and the whole homily today, so she did pretty well.  It's a busy age, and any time I actually hear a full homily, I'm pretty content.  This one was a great one about the importance of relationships with others and loving and how our love for each other reflects that of the Trinity.  I couldn't possibly share it (or even a summary of it) in the beauty and depth that our priest did, but it was quite beautiful.  

    

As you can see from the pictures, two of my girls wanted to dress up and make an impression for Holy Trinity Sunday.  Kayla in her hot pink polka dot dress and St. Anthony medal which she scrounged from some piece of Catholic donation mail we received and Ava in her neon dress that the sweet neighbor recently gave us (her daughter had outgrown it).  

And if you recall, last week's post (or any other recent photo of me...) I cut my hair.  

     

I got some fun layers and cut off a bunch because split ends.  I honestly don't recall my last haircut prior to this one, but judging by the kind of split ends I had, it was far too long.  

My Sunday Best: 

Mint maternity shirt: from Target- I got it last pregnancy for a few bucks.  Score!
White cami: Target
Navy/white stripe pencil skirt: Old Navy (why yes, I did wear this two weeks ago!  I figured I had one more wear this pregnancy and I better take it).  
Gold flats: hand-me-downs
Necklace: Premier Designs (it's meaningful too.  It's got a little flower charm with an actual mustard seed inside and a Matthew 17:20 charm because it's a lovely tribute to the parable of the mustard seed.  
Mint earrings: Premier Designs

Baby bump: 24 + weeks



It's been a lovely weekend around here.  Yesterday we went for our first official hike in Colorado, so I'll have to work on a post with all the lovely pictures from that.  Chris is cooking pork ribs on the grill for dinner, and I am going to finish my May reading goals today.  Whaaaa?  There will be a post about that too because I read a couple really incredible books this month.  

Head on over to the link-up at A Blog for my Mom.  Rosie is talking about humility (or at least showing it) today.  Check out lovely Sunday style and link up via a blog post or an Instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest).  


10 comments:

  1. Love the haircut! And I'm with you on getting to hear the homily - if we make it through the liturgy of the word without having to take anyone out, that's a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Laura! I love the mint w/ the navy stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I've been loving your maternity style

      Delete
  3. I really like that skirt! What's the material? I have that necklace too! I love the length and it's so versatile. Unfortunately, the baby hasn't let me wear it lately. You look beautiful and your girls look very pretty in their bright dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cotton and spandex. Quite thick, so a little better quality than some which is nice, though it means I can't fudge at all when it's gets "too small" during pregnancy because it doesn't give as much as some other thinner pencil skirts I own. When I'm not pregnant though, I love that about it. It seems to firm things up a bit. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for hikes in Colorado! We visited a few years ago and did some incredible hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. But I couldn't hike at 24 weeks pregnant. Way to go, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Angela! Yes, we are avid hikers. I usually hike in some capacity pretty much up until birth. But each person is different and each pregnancy is different, so we'll see how this one goes. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the hair! I have a weakness for those colors and that necklace especially is lovely. Hope the rest of your Trinity Sunday was triple-y fabulous 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, Megan! Navy and mint are my favorite. Coral and mustard are my secondary outfit color favs. We need to get together soon. After the thunders.....

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!