First of all, I would like to wish a very happy and blessed Mother's Day to all you moms out there. To those whose kids are grown, to those whose kids are young, to those whose babies are watching you from up above, to those who have been like mothers to us, and to all those godmothers out there, we see the masterpiece of your beautiful, mothering hearts and love you so very, very much.
"To be a mother is a great treasure.
Mothers, in their unconditional and sacrificial love for their children, are the antidote to individualism; they are the greatest enemies against war."
-Pope Francis
I especially want to wish my mother and my mom by marriage a very joyous Mother's Day. You sacrifice so very much for us and have since you first knew we were living inside you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous, self-sacrificing, faith-filled love and for turning into the best grandmas out there as well.
And special love to our Mama Mary in heaven. Greatest mother ever and always willing to help out us mothers down here on earth with tons of love and grace.
And now a special thank you to my husband. My husband?? Yes, a special thank you on Mother's Day to you as well. Without you, I wouldn't know what to do in this whole journey of motherhood. You rejoiced with me when we saw the positives on those pregnancy tests, you held my hand when our babies came into the world, and you've loved and encouraged me all throughout the ride--the ups and downs of this vocation.
And last but not least, a big shout-out to my beautiful girls and the little one inside who call me "Mommy" and make my heart so happy. You are each such unique and incredible souls, and I'm so honored to help guide you on your way back to Jesus someday. May Mama Mary always wrap you each in her arms and fill you with the grace you need to love her Son as she does.
And now we can talk about the #mySundaybest link-up for a quick second. Rosie, from A Blog for my Mom, hosts it over at her blog, and it's a fun way to share your style (or motivate yourself to get some!), as well as to encourage and be encouraged by other women of all ages, shapes, and sizes. You are beautiful, you are a daughter of God, and it's important to own that. This is a fun little way to help each other remember that.
Here's the details of my Sunday best for Mother's Day:
Navy/white striped top with coral lacy accent: Maternity section at Ross
White skirt: Goodwill
Earrings: Premier Designs
Necklace: just some of my favorite people: Jesus and Mary
Shoes: Sanuk
Baby bump: 22.5 weeks
And I'll close with a quote I share every Mother's Day because it's just so beautiful.
"The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother."
-St. Therese of Lisiuex
God bless all you moms and fill you with his abundant grace and peace today and always.









Oh my goodness- your girls have the sweetest little poses going on! And I feel the same about my husband - Mother's Day always makes me extra aware of how awesome he is and how blessed I am. Happy Mother's Day to you!
ReplyDeletehaha yes the posing is a fairly new trend, but really cute and very funny. :) Happy Mother's Day!
DeleteI told my husband I wouldn't be a mother without him ;). Beautiful, growing family. You have inspired me to go hunt for my miraculous medal again. It was broken by my first baby, but I've been meaning to fix it...could really use Mama Mary close to my heart everyday. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteSometimes the simple necklaces are what's needed (for the style look and for your day. :) Happy Mother's Day too!
DeleteOh I totally wouldn't have guessed that was a maternity top! You are looking so cute as always :) Happy Mother's Day!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah it's a less obvious one. the front and back of it dip down a bit more than normal tops, so it has a little more coverage, but it's one that never fits me after about 27-28 weeks because it's not an extremely stretchy one and doesn't have the side ruching.
DeleteYou look great, Laura, and Sanuks are so comfortable- love'em. :) Also, I don't think I realized Ross has a maternity section!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa! It's a TINY section, but I have found some really useful items in the itty bitty selection there. Some random cute tops, I LOVE their maternity camisoles (I use them pregnant or not), and I have even found a pair of jeans and some cute shorts there, but it's all kind of hit and miss. Sometimes there's almost nothing. Sometimes I find a great item for a steal.
DeleteI love all of those quotes. You look lovely and your girls are lovely too. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteI love them too. So inspirational for us mommies. Happy Mother's Day!!
DeleteI love the coral lace on your top! You look lovely. Such a sweet post and thank you for the reminder that we are all beautiful daughters of God no matter size, shape, or age. Lately, I have felt so blah that it is easy to forget!
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome! I think we all need that reminder more than we think sometimes. This world is tough.
DeleteLove the quotes and you always look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize we were that close in our pregnancy journey. :)
Andrea @ mommainflipflops.com
Thanks, Andrea! Yes, I'm not too, too far behind you. I'm loving all your pregnancy style!
Delete