Just a few updates and mostly pictures from our week here. You can join the link-up for 7 Quicktakes Friday with Kelly here.
1. Third Trimester
I'm 27 weeks either yesterday or today so I'm officially in the third trimester now. That wonderful trimester where you FEEL and ARE huge, and this will be my second pregnancy being huge for the entire summer, so woohoo! Plus this is the trimester that is really like two trimesters because everyone knows that the last 2-3 weeks until baby's arrival always feels like another trimester altogether. But it's still nice to at least feel a little closer to meeting our little monkey in person.
Here I am last Sunday, at just a few days past 26 weeks
2. Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
I was able to get to Mass by some miracle on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus with all four little gals in tow AND they were all extremely well behaved. GRACE! #pleasecanthiscountasamiraclesomedaysoicanbeasaint! Anyway it was beautiful and the priest gave all the girls such a lovely blessing when we went up for communion. He even gave the little one inside a special blessing which after the grace I'd already encountered with good behavior at Mass made me cry a little. #alsoiamapregnantemotionalhotmess
The girls really liked the fruit tray Sacred Heart we had for a healthy! treat later that evening.
3. Playdates
I am just loving meeting new mom friends and having playdates so our kids can get to know each other too. A friend I met through Blessed Is She (Megan) set up a playdate for a decade of the Rosary at a nearby parish and then fun on the playground by the church afterwards. The girls were thrilled and Kayla met a new friend and immediately wanted to set up more future playdates.
4. Morning Walks
To ensure that I'm walking (waddling to some degree if we're being really honest) daily, I have taken the girls to the closest park the last few mornings in addition to our normal evening family walks. The two older girls ride their bikes and I get some major exercise in pushing the other two in the double stroller. We have to get out of the house before 9 though otherwise it's pointless because it's already so warm. The sun in CO is HOT even when the thermometer only reads 75...
5. Evening Walks
And of course we grab evening walks together too. Chris got some sweet pictures a couple nights ago when we walked to a nearby park and let the kids play for a few minutes. Elise was anxious to show Chris her newfound talent of pumping on the swings! Oh how I love when they get to the stage where they can pump and swing independently. Oh, glorious day in parenthood!


such a cool picture; I love it

And we usually catch at least the beginning of the sunset (often over the Rockies) on our evening walks.
(photo by Chris also)

6. Hailstorm
Earlier this week, the weather was lovely and sunny in the morning and then as evening approached, it hailed for about an hour. I've been in hailstorms and most last a few minutes, sometimes 10 or 15, but I've never experienced a hailstorm that lasted so long. When it was over, it looked as though it had snowed, there was so much hail accumulated on the lawns and decks. And it was merciless to our poor flowers (but most of them have already begun to make a recovery, so YAY!)

7. Library Summer Reading
The girls are busily devouring books (which is a year round thing, but they are even MORE motivated in the summer when they pick up their summer reading chart at the library). They find cozy spots all around the house and we've also taken blankets and books outside and read in the sunshine which they really love. I have several titles that I borrowed on my Kindle to read so I'm right there with them.















That picture of all of them reading - frame it! So cute! You're looking wonderful, I'm thinking it's a boy because you're just belly :)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture too. So peaceful and sweet. I'm leaning more toward boy with this pregnancy than I ever have before, but for no particular reason. Every pregnancy of mine has had some similarities and some differences which makes the surprise definitely still a total surprise because I never know if some "difference" is just that or if it's an indicator. lol. But so far, we have "myth busted" many a gender wives tale with our past history.
Delete