Hidden among the fun and peacefulness of the last few days has also been some anxiety and stress that Satan loves to slam me with in the form of news that hubby will be out of town several times this month for various reasons. He's taking Kayla on her annual backpacking trip soon and he'll also be traveling for several days for work this month. Anyone who really knows me knows I turn into a hot mess when Chris is gone. I realize many people have it far worse than I do, but that logic doesn't work because I don't live my life by comparisons. My cross is my own and for me one or two nights is a heavy cross to bear.
And, as is the case with him taking Kayla backpacking, I obviously am a fan of him taking our daughter on a special trip and them getting to spend time together doing something they love, but again, that doesn't make the "him being gone" part all that much easier for me. I still miss him a lot, I still have to bear the brunt of parenting on my own while he's gone, and it's just a big weight on my heart. I know that all sounds ridiculous to most people, but this is who I am, and this is a big struggle for me. The past week preparing for the backpacking trip separation was already beginning to weigh on me a little, and then the additional news today of business travel froze me. Ugh.
Anyway, I'm just asking for a few extra prayers for a little extra grace and peace in my heart.
That's it.
God is ever reminding me to put my trust in Him, and He's constantly giving me opportunities to trust Him...
This past weekend's hike was lovely and peaceful and though I can't say it lifted all the weight off, it was a beautiful opportunity to be together, get exercise and fresh air, and bask in the splendor of our incredible Creator.







I also HATE it when Sean is gone even though it's almost never. I don't handle it well although I'm trying to do better. I think it's a good thing that we don't like life as much without our husbands by our side! Prayers for you to make it through okay!
ReplyDeleteI agree. Love you, sis!
Delete