Sunday, July 3, 2016

My Sunday Best- 30 Weeks edition

In case anyone was wondering, the third trimester has not brought renewed energy for me.  I'm exhausted.  Buuuuut, I haven't quite reached the point (this being 5th pregnancy, it could really start anytime though) that I feel like my uterus is literally going to just fall out.  If you have more than a kid or two, you probably know exactly what I mean.  Everyone else just roll your eyes and scroll down to the baby bump picture.    

 

Chris is super sweet, and assured me this morning that I do not look like a whale, but I assuredly feel like one.  That picture on the right taken just after we got back from Mass shows the bags under my eyes and my slightly swollen ankles from holding Sophie in the back for most of Mass.  You may also notice that my oldest is holding a butternut squash with a face on it.  

Last year we read this book Sophie's Squash, and the girls really enjoyed it.  So randomly, days before her 7th birthday, Kayla asks for homemade macaroni and cheese and butternut squash for her birthday dinner.  I buy the squash.  But on her big day, she refused to give it up and has drawn a face on it, named it Sophie, and is carrying it around the house like a doll.  She even put headbands on it and wrapped it in blankets.  And last night when Chris said that it was time to use the squash for it's actual purpose, she burst into tears.  Not alligator ones--really and truly upset that we planned to actually eat the squash.  We told her she could take some fun pictures, but then she'd have to say good-bye to it.  So if you see a smiling squash throughout the post, that's why.  

   

My Sunday Best: 

Navy sundress with pleated bottomPink Blush 
Green cardi tied over the bump: Old Navy
Wildflower necklace and mint colored earrings: Premier Designs
Gold flats: hand-me-down

Baby bump: a little over 30 weeks (hopefully we have 10 or less weeks to go!!)

 

Kayla is wearing her new "Alice in Wonderland collection" dress that was a birthday gift from Grammy and Granddad.  

    

Picture on the left shows the dress on it's own.  I have a navy maternity cami that I wore underneath, because the top of the dress felt a little on the thin side to me, which fit perfectly under the dress, so you can't even tell I'm wearing that extra layer on top.  

Head over to the link-up with Rosie--A Blog for my Mom or just snap a photo and join in on Instagram hashtag #mysundaybest.  Happy Sunday and a blessed 4th of July to you all tomorrow!  

13 comments:

  1. Super cute dress! And you most definitely, do not look like a whale :-) My sisters and I totally did that with squash when we were little haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. It's usually the exhaustion talking when I compare myself to a whale during pregnancy. lol. The squash IS really cute. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the necklace...and the squash. Kids are so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kids are so funny...getting attached to a SQUASH? lol

      Delete
  3. You look great! Super cute dress!

    And I am so cracking up about the squash!! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. our husbands are saints-in-the-making. we think they are just pacifying us, but I think they truly mean well and they are telling the truth. They see the beauty when we get blinded by the scars and change.

    I do remember the third trimester feeling that the uterus is just going to fall out. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, husbands are the best. They do see the beauty that gets blinded by change, scars, and total exhaustion. And I'm so grateful.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that squash!!! That's hilarious and so sweet :)

    You totally don't look like a whale!! We're our own worst critics - it's so hard to deal with the exhaustion and changes at the end of pregnancy, even when you've been through it so many times before... Thank goodness for the awesome blessing of the children we get at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's in my head, but I'm sure you know how it is. You just FEEL gi-normous all the time as you slowly get bigger and bigger and bigger. I'm not even to HUGE, but this week I was SO TIRED that it made it all seem ughhhhhh. But this is part of why I participate in #mysundaybest; to remind myself that some days getting dressed is an awesome achievement and that's ok. Pregnancy ain't easy. :)

      Delete
  6. You look beautiful. Truly, you do! My husband was super sweet yesterday, too. He gave me a thumbs up and a smile when he saw me in my dress.
    Oh, that squash! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica. Husbands are the best! So glad they keep us grounded when our emotions and self-critiquing get in the way.

      Delete
  7. Haha, so funny about the squash! My girls liked that book too.
    That is such a pretty dress on you, Laura! I love the navy color. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!