I must warn you that a good bit of this post involves bodily functions, so if poop and pee and things that like make you squirm, probably don't read this particular post.

Just starting to open his eyes a bit more, but he is still working on focusing, so he looks pretty cross eyed or at best, VERY serious in most photos. Lol.
Are you ready for your random-ness?
- I forgot to mention in his birth story (perhaps I should go back and add this bit), but our Little Man upon coming out of the womb (and in the process of being handed up to me) peed all over me. Awww, there's nothing quite like getting that "It's a boy" announcement and then having him prove it. Thanks, buddy.
- Elise asks every day if he is a boy. Umm...YEP. He's still a boy.
- Kolbe did NOT pee on me again at the hospital, but did pee all over himself (oops, I totally didn't see that he was doing it until he dribbled all overhimself) a time or two. Sorry, buddy, I'm a total newbie at this whole little BOY thing.
- When we arrived home, Kolbe gave me his best effort yet. One night when I was changing him on the sofa, he began peeing. I grabbed the new diaper and tried to cover him, but then he started pooping, so I grabbed a wipe to help with that situation. The little guy literally kept peeing, then pooping, then peeing, then pooping and every time I tried to take care of one end of it, he'd start back with the other....the situation ended with me just sputtering some kind of "Help, babe, he just keeps going,", Chris laughing at me and not helping at all, and pee all over the sofa and Kolbe. At least we prevented the poop mess....
- Kayla constantly wants to hold Kolbe. No surprise there. She was the same with Sophie. Elise and Ava also want to hold Kolbe, but they need way more assistance and get super jealous when Kayla's turn is like twice as long. So Kayla holds Kolbe a lot during nap time. She gets her baby time and everyone else doesn't get so jealous.
- The girls have taken up a new game--Ninjas--since Kolbe was born. I'm not sure where they even came up with this, but I guess they are preparing some games that Kolbe might actually want to join in on since prior to his birth there was only ever "Dress up", "House", "Ballerinas", and "Gymnastics" games....
- A few days after we brought Kolbe home, I put Sophie to sleep for her nap in a dress. I forgot to put a pair of pants or bloomers underneath (she is in this lovely "pull off her diaper" phase). LUCKILY, though she did pull her diaper off immediately upon waking from her nap, there was only pee in it, so no mess for me to clean up in her bed. Yay! I got her out and (keep in mind, I'm not supposed to be carrying heavy things at this point) waved her after me down the stairs so we could get her a new diaper. As I'm walking down the stairs, I get a call from one of my brothers-in-law. I answer it, get distracted, and about 10 minutes later remember that Sophie is somewhere with no pants. She had gone outside in the backyard, pooped on the deck, and was headed out the gate into the front yard where her sisters were chatting with our next door neighbor. I ran (oops, I'm not supposed to be doing that yet either!) out the front door, snatched her up, and somehow avoided what definitely could have been a much worse situation there. Still gross though.

- I ventured out to the mom's group at our parish this morning. I left a pitiful Sophie crying after me in the nursery. As I walked to drop the other girls off at their child care in the next room, I could barely keep from crying myself. I hate leaving my kids crying... The older three were much easier to drop off and they apparently got to go over to the church and pray a rosary and learn all about Mother Teresa today. Awesomesauce. When I went to change Kolbe's diaper mid way through the meeting, he peed all over himself and his outfit (seriously, I am such a newbie to this whole boy mom thing). The good news is that though Sophie did have an off and on morning in the nursery, the ladies said she did a good job and when I went to pick her up she was not crying and I got some super huge hugs. I guess she loves me.
- Kolbe's "due date" is approaching in just two days. It's so strange to think we could have still easily been waiting to meet him at this point. Instead we're up and about, transitioning to life with 5 kiddos, and his due date no longer means anything because he's here.
- At 1 week and 2 days old, Kolbe rolled over from his tummy to his back. I kid you not. I'm still crying over here because WHY can't my babies ever just be content to be BABIES for a bit longer?? Way too soon, buddy. Mama needs only the sweet snuggles and cuddles you've been giving her. None of this rolling stuff. And it happened twice...so not a fluke. Eeek.
- We have been blessed by some wonderful and generous family and friends (and even strangers- gals from mom's group whom I don't even know who signed up to bring us a meal anyway). We have had a few delicious meals delivered here, and Kolbe has been the recipient of a few packages with some cute little guy prints since all we've got around here is frills and ruffles. Two of my friends brought me flowers and I have been getting regular texts from family/friends asking how we're doing and making sure that things are going well as we transition. I can't tell you all how much the prayers, thoughts, cards, texts, gifts, and meals have meant to us, especially being so new to the area and feeling a little more isolated than usual when a baby comes along. THANK YOU, thank you from the bottom of my heart.






He's so sweet. Laughing out loud at all the mishaps - oh boys! Just wait till he starts actually trying to aim ;)
ReplyDeletehahaha, can't wait....
DeleteP.S. Meant to tell you that ninjas has been big around here for a good year - I get snuck up on at least once a day. So apologies if that's where they picked the "fun" ;)
ReplyDeleteaha! That's where they picked up the Ninja idea! Well, it's a fun game and they love it, so I call it awesome.
Delete