My birthday fell on a Monday in January and Mondays are...well, they're Mondays. We also had ballet on Mondays in January and the girls happened to have their Little Flowers meeting for the month that day. So it was an already busy day.
That's why Chris opted to celebrate my birthday over the course of Sunday and Monday both.
So on Sunday afternoon, he was sweet and brought me a lovely glass of wine and some delicious cheeses with crackers for a little shared afternoon snack while the kids played in the basement.
That evening he made dinner (steak for him and I and hotdogs for the kiddos with mashed potatoes and asparagus) and the day before he had prepared an ice cream cake surprise (which he kept in our other freezer in the garage). Everything gluten free and everything delicious.
And total relaxation for me.

The older girls spent a good deal of time holed away in an upstairs bedroom making gifts for me which turned out to be a lot of beaded jewelry. A Necklace, a bracelet (which was a bit too big so we turned it into a headpiece), and a ring (also too big and was turned into a wine glass charm).


They made me lovely cards and pictures and sang the Happy Birthday song to me.
I have such a great crew.
The cake was enjoyed by all. The girls all asked to have their own versions of such an ice cream cake for their birthdays and Kolbe asked the same with his actions. He scarfed his bowl of it and made a big mess, but it was adorable anyhow.
On the day of my actual birthday, Chris made dinner again (while I chauffeured the girls around to the activities I listed above). It was simpler (grilled chicken, potatoes, and veggies), but it was also delicious and it was great to have dinner all ready when we arrived home.
We had more ice cream cake and I opened cards that had arrived in the mail.
Chris spoiled me with a few gifts.
Friends (near and far) spoiled me with gifts.
It was very sweet and I'm so grateful for all the love and birthday messages from everyone.
And the following day, I got a wonderful treat.
A whole half hour to just spend in the chapel adoring Jesus.
It was a marvelous birthday and I'm so grateful to all who helped make it so very special.
XOXO







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!