Happy Birthday to our beautiful Elise Marianna!
It's so hard to believe that you are seven years old now! I still look at you so many days and see my chunky newborn baby or my goofy little toddler wobbling around, laughing and grinning.
And though you still embody all those ages and stages to me, you are clearly growing up.
What a beautiful, sweet young lady you are becoming!
And though you still embody all those ages and stages to me, you are clearly growing up.
What a beautiful, sweet young lady you are becoming!

You still struggle with fear, but each day you're learning more and more not to let it rule your heart and mind.
You were both scared and thrilled to lose your first tooth. You'd wiggle it and wiggle it, and come to us to proudly show off the dangling white treasure. We'd suggest eating an apple or offer to pull it out quickly, and you would back away, protesting, "No, no! Don't touch it. I'm still wiggling it." Eventually it did pop out and you were SO excited.
You love to use your hands to build, and we love to watch you play with your sisters. Your imagination runs wild and it's so much fun to see what you'll come up with next.
You were both scared and thrilled to lose your first tooth. You'd wiggle it and wiggle it, and come to us to proudly show off the dangling white treasure. We'd suggest eating an apple or offer to pull it out quickly, and you would back away, protesting, "No, no! Don't touch it. I'm still wiggling it." Eventually it did pop out and you were SO excited.
You love to use your hands to build, and we love to watch you play with your sisters. Your imagination runs wild and it's so much fun to see what you'll come up with next.

You are still our little (BIG!) snuggle bug. You love to shimmy into bed with us whenever you see a chance. You love to sit next to me while I read books and quietly stroke my arm or hold my hand. When Daddy sleeps in, you like to give him a kiss on the nose whisper "Hi, Daddy."
This year was your first backpacking trip with Daddy. He's still working on that post (8 months later...haha), but the long and short of it is that you rocked it. You used your vivid imagination, asked hundreds of questions, hiked persistently, and made Daddy smile a whole lot.
You've got a stubborn streak too. When you don't want to do your school work or chores or really anything you just don't feel like doing at times, you are a BEAR. You whine, you fuss, you act as though I am forcing you to eat worms.
But when you choose the better path, you are sweet, you are ask how you can help, you proudly bring your completed work to me for approval and praise. At times you just do a job, especially helping someone else with theirs, without me even prompting you.
Elise, you are such a precious girl and your smile is so caring and sweet. I love your notes and pictures. I adore when you sit and practice reading with me. I love hearing your angelic voice saying the Hail Mary or telling Jesus that you love Him. I love the ways your eyes crinkle when you smile and your little dimple. I love your exuberant laugh and your tinkling giggle.
You are also a total goofball. You make funny faces, silly noises, and crack nonsensical jokes. You love treats, playing "house", watching Red Gerard compete in snowboarding, riding your big(ger!) bike, and doing the monkey bars.

You are sensitive and always notice when I'm having a rough day and give me special hugs. You always notice everything, in fact. Little things out of place, what song is playing in the background, what color someone wore yesterday, you are the queen of random details.
Elise Marianna, we are so lucky to be your parents. You bring such joy to our lives, laughter to our hearts, and a bundle of cherished hugs and kisses.
Happy 7th Birthday, Leasie-B!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!