I'm not going to give much of a review for these, but wanted to share some lovely books we've been reading this month in preparation of Christmas.

The Legend of St. Nicholas- gives some great information on a beloved Saint. The Nutcracker and the Four Realms was a beautifully made book. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how it is, but the book is an interesting little tale that the girls enjoyed (just be aware if you are planning to see the movie the book has some spoilers).
The Advent of Christmas is a sweet book given to me by my sweet friend, Megan. It's written by Matt Maher and is very cute and a very lovely help for kids to understand Advent and put Christmas into perspective.

A Home in the Barn and On This Special Night are sweet Nativity stories.
The Legend of the Christmas Tree is pretty self explanatory.
Penguin in Love- we love these Penguin books.
Where Do Diggers Celebrate Christmas? was a favorite for my son. He loves all things trucks and machines.
Silent Night- it's just a beautiful book that leaves you with little thoughts to ponder.

We won a book giveaway and these are some of the titles that we won. We haven't read them all yet, but the ones we've read have all been excellent.
What are your favorite Advent/ Christmas picture books?









I just read "An Orange for Frankie" for the first time today. So beautiful! That looks like an awesome book giveaway prize.
ReplyDelete