Wednesday, May 1, 2019

February 2019 recap

I'm behind in my blogging once again, so here is a quick overview of what we were up to around here in February.  


Ballet class led by Kayla at home.  

Even Kolbe wanted to join the fun in his own way. 

Sophie was REALLY into it.  
And completely adorable. 


Sophie helped me make cookies and she was SO thrilled.  


Running errands and baking stuff.  
Chris was gone in Germany training for a new job for 3 weeks, most of it during the latter part of February and through the first week of March.  Back home, the kids and I did a lot of baking and reading and trying to keep our smiles intact while Daddy was gone so long.  
 

More baking help.  This time we made crepes. 


For the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes earlier in the month, we made rice krispie treat grottos for some of our Marian Saint pegs.  The girls and Kolbe thought this was just the most fantastic thing.  



Around Valentine's Day we did some fun counting, pattern, graphing activities with conversation hearts.  The girls always LOVE this each year, so it's become tradition.  




Kolbe is my earliest riser of my 5.  So I've been getting to see more sunrises than usual.  Some mornings I'm cranky about it, but some mornings I can get into the Pollyanna spirit and play "the Glad Game" and take the time to be grateful and drink in the beauty of these lovingly handcrafted sunrises. 



We missed Daddy a lot and sent him lots of Good Morning and Good Night videos.  I'll share a couple little videos we sent him of Kolbe's goofiness. 


            

            


Ava's homeschool Charter School class had a fieldtrip to see a play- "Ella Enchanted".  It was really sweet and all the kids really enjoyed it.  


Several days before actual Mardi Gras, we attended a Mardi Gras party event at a local parish with some friends.  The kids especially liked that they got masks, beads, and that there was face painting.  
 






And that's the quick version of our February.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!