Sunday, July 31, 2022

October 2021 recap

 

These month overviews have to be quick and concise because I'm far enough behind that I just can't remember with the same detail.  I'm every so slowly working toward getting back to the present so I can keep up better and remember more of the stories and tidbits that get lost in my memory banks. 

But the pictures do tell a story, so welcome!  Feel free to wade through this scrapbook of October 2021. 



In October, I was offered a job to be the aide in Kolbe's preschool class.  What a blessing to be around my baby boy for extra hours in the day plus get to see him learn and grow.  

His joy is infectious. 


making letters in shaving cream.  

Kolbe loves dramatic play.  He was often found being a doctor, construction worker, firefighter, astronaut, dad, chef etc.  




I worked part time in Kolbe's class and got to hang out on the alternating days with my friends' sweet baby.  We really enjoyed taking a whole lot of lovely walks together and spending lots of time outside. 









Kayla joined the Middle School volleyball team this year and really enjoyed the sport. She had some amazing serves and great passes throughout her first ever season. 


Kayla was a positive and encouraging force on her volleyball team which made me so proud.  I am an encourager as well and it really warmed my heart to see her cheerfully building up her teammates whether they won the point or lost it. 


It was the school's first year with a volleyball program and I was so blessed to be able to help build it with encouraging signs for girls' lockers.  Some of the parents made amazing goodies to put in lockers for our homecoming week to surprise the girls as well. 



More preschool fun.  
I could have moved all these pictures around I know, but this is our month right in order, so there you have it. 




Coaching volleyball last year was not something I felt confident in going into the season.  I didn't feel qualified, but God called me anyway.  And it was such a blessed season with so much growth for each and every one of us. 



Elise's class (see her there on the left)



I love being in class with you watching you grow, buddy. 



We organized our first ever "homecoming" volleyball game.  My parents and some of the other volleyball parents put together an awesome balloon arch. 

Coach Tami stuffed it in her car to bring over to the facility where we play our games. 

ta-da!
This lady is the best.  I could not have asked for a better woman to coach with me and become one of my dearest friends.  She is so filled with the love of Christ and just being around her is like a big hug from Jesus. 


We had another team dinner and took selfies with a moose.  I think it's a moose. 



One of my dear high school friends visited Colorado with her family.  
I didn't have my kiddos that day, but went down to Garden of the Gods anyway to meet up with them to hike and explore.  

It was so much fun to hang out with her lovely family and have interesting conversations with her kiddos.  It is so much fun to listen to what kids have to say. 


Thank you, Heather for reaching out so that we could have such a fun day together.  You have a beautiful and FUN family. 

They really made my day




Well, what do you know?  MORE volleyball!


Kayla's team finished 2nd in their Middle School league tournament. 






The neighbors left me a lovely gift basket to cheer me up.  I seriously have the best neighbors.  
Like the actual best. 



beauty!



My dear friend, Crystal, and I met up to go on a lovely fall walk together


It was glorious and we always have really good conversations to go along with the really great views. 


Crystal, you are so strong and beautiful.  I am so blessed to have you in my life. 


Thank you for getting me outside to walk and breathe in this beauty. 




Maria, my wonderful car was more like my second home during volleyball season.  She is beat up and scratched and my kids have really done a number on her interior, but gosh is she just the best. She holds many a memory, story, and shared laughter. 

I asked my neighbor for help measuring for a new microwave when mine died, and he just went and bought me a new one.  When people tell me that God isn't real, this is the sort of thing I point to.  People who are filled with the Love of Christ. 


Chris took the kids to a pumpkin patch and they sent me this totally adorable picture. 


volleyball time


This team is truly an amazing bunch of girls.  They are coachable and kind.  They are positive and hard working.  They have real character and are continually working to improve upon it.  Tami and I were so blessed to work with this amazing squad for our first year. 





Kayla's Middle School fall sports award potluck was a blast.  Way to go, girls! 



Kayla loves cheering on her school.  








One morning when I woke up this sight greeted me as I walked down the hallway to wake up the girls for school.  Good morning, Jesus. 



aww, home, sweet, home!


Fall loveliness in my yard. 


Park fun with a sweet friend. 

Our school had a fun fall festival.  
The sunset that evening was incredible. 


and so were the food trucks

and the great company. 


Another day, another silly picture or 4 with Kolbe.




Playing house with our sweet friend. 



Fall means making fresh applesauce.  


Kolbe enjoying Atrium at school 

He was NOT excited to take his school picture. 

So I made silly faces at him until he laughed. 

haha, I got you!!!!

man he is sure trying hard not to smile, though. 

BUT, smile he did.  Look at this sweet, handsome boy of mine. 



Kayla got her braces off! 
So naturally we got a caramel Starbuck's Frappuccino and milk duds to celebrate.



Shopping for her middle school homecoming dance. 


Senior night with the two wonderful seniors on our squad. 



They are incredible. 

We love you, Olivia and Cecilia!




Curriculum Day at school.  
Elise was Alice in Wonderland.  Sophie was the princess from The Princess and the Frog (the actual story not Disney's version).   Kayla was a Greek goddess.  Ava was a Roman.  And Kolbe just wanted to dress up since they were all dressed up but his school did not have Curriculum Day. 




At our all league tournament several of our players were honored.  

and they all played like champions.  And truly our last two sets were 


This team was so sweet and supportive of our team at the league tournament.  Thank you, Vanguard. 


Our parents are just the most WONDERFUL and supportive group of people ever.  Our very first year as a volleyball team at Ascent would NEVER have happened without their dedication and sacrifice and love. Thank you with all my heart. 

This team cheered us on in the tournament because they loved our positivity.  What a blessing to get to know them and have them cheer us on in the final game which was an incredibly close one. 



I was so so blessed to have the opportunity to coach these incredible girls with Tami.  God poured out his love through each and every one of them. 






We love our amazing seniors!

beauty


Halloween.  
I didn't have my kiddos, but they did come trick or treat in my neighborhood for a little bit and that sure made this mama smile. 

I was ready for them with my own Halloween costume, which always makes them smile.  


October 2021 was full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!