Monday, June 12, 2023

October 2022 recap

 

October was a crazy month for us. 

Our family home finally sold which was tough because that was a lot of work on me and I had just started back teaching and was coaching volleyball.  I don't even know how we made it through this season honestly.  Jesus, a lot of support from friends, and one day at a time getting up and pushing through. 

I had already had help from friends in May/early June to pack up a bit and put it in the garage.  I packed up a lot more and some of my volleyball team even came to help one day.  

The Knights of Columbus moved me out twice because I didn't order the right number/size PODS.  Did I mention that I wasn't able to get a house until the end of the month so I had to put all our stuff in PODS for about a month and live in our friends' basement?  God bless our incredible friends for letting us have a place to live.  When I look back at October I seriously can only attribute the fact that I'm still here to Jesus.  A wonderful friend came to help me pack up the house and clean. The Knights got what they could into the PODS.  It wasn't enough so I had to beg the new owners to give me one more day access just to the garage where the rest of the stuff was.  The Knights came while I was at volleyball practice and packed the rest into the last POD I ordered.  I signed papers.  I'm so glad that our realtor came with me otherwise I think I would have completely lost it and ugly cried. 

And then we moved into our friends' basement in a town about 45 minutes south of school.  So for the month of October the commute was extra long.  Honestly that was a gift- it gave the kids and I time to talk or listen to fun audiobooks together that sparked conversation and excitement. I could not have continued for months on end just because it was physically exhausting, but God was with us even in that fatigue and showered us with more time with our dear friends and beautiful commute time together. 

And then the Knights and my dear former neighbor moved me into our new house at the very end of the month.  What a blessing to have such incredible people that have supported me and continue to reach out to see what I need because let me tell you, the effects and the new things I have to learn to be on my own are overwhelming and to date have not stopped.  But one day at a time with the Lord.  He is my refuge and he sends help.  I've had to learn to receive to survive which has been humbling but really beautiful. 



fun with my kiddos


cheer section at an away volleyball game


poor sweetie got a scratch on his eye 


go Kayla!




coaching with this wonderful gal was a highlight of my year.  Two years running I have been blessed with the best people around me to coach with. Coach Connelly, you are incredible and I could never have done it without you.  

Homecoming game!


after the game!

we won!


homecoming hair





our old place looks lovely in the fall.  It's the one on the right with the red/orange tree. 

Homecoming dinner






the middle school dance was so much fun.  The girls had a blast and I really enjoyed chaperoning. 













chaperoning with these characters wasn't half bad


















I stuck around to chaperone the high school dance too




Sarah's first coffee ever on the way to a volleyball game


I mustache you a question

supporting cross country friends






Curriculum day


my class studied ancient Rome
and here I am with our lovely lead 3rd grade teacher Miss Marmaro



my amazing aide!


awwww

I apparently forgot to add these pictures when I was first working on this post....
The Knights and their wives were so good to me. 



and my friend Shelley

she came straight from helping at her church's Halloween fest to help me unpack

I forgot to put the electricity in my name so I set up bunk beds in the basement with flashlights.  

Seriously, these men were incredible.  Thank you for standing in the gap for Chris. 

I guess these pictures are backwards.  oh well. 




end of season tournament!



We got 3rd!  Moving on up.  Last year was 4th!


Anderson Farms with their dad











Halloween with friends.  We were minimalists with our animal costumes





We went to my dear friend's awesome neighborhood with the Willie Wonka house

Dinner with friends after trick or treating

And that's a wrap on October


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!