Wednesday, July 5, 2023

January 2023 overview

 January was a fun month spent with family.  First, my brother's family and then the second half of the month we got to spend a lot of time with Uncle Nick and Maggie

hike time!


This little man never stops moving

sliding on some icy trail. 

The site where the summer White House was going to be built






On the right and below is the remains of the house where the architect for the project lived. 




Then we got to have Nick and Maggie for dinner.  They are such great sports. The kids invented a "family".  Nick and Maggie were the parents and them and the various stuffed animals were the kids. 

Elise also told us a fantastic version (her own and wildly inaccurate and completely made up) of Nick proposing to Maggie.  He DID propose to her and told the kids that day.  But Elise's version, which I'll summarize, is fiction.  In her tale, Nick and Maggie went to a restaurant and Nick asks Maggie and she says no, so Nick runs out and goes home to his roommate Gerry and (I think I'm remembering this right) Andrew.  Nick is crying and Gerry is sobbing with him.  Then Maggie comes to the door and at first Gerry won't let her talk to Nick but then he does and Maggie is wondering what is going on.  Turns out she didn't even hear Nick ask her to marry him.  She heard the waiter ask if she wanted a cinnamon roll and she said "No" which Nick thought was to him.  So it was all a big misunderstanding and Maggie said Yes, she would marry Nick.  The end. 

silly pictures- not all the random stuffies involved. 

haha


We're having a good time-yeah!  




just some silly and fun shots from January


Yes, I am burnt out.  I was in January.  I am now (writing this in July).  If I "catch" up a little, it's really taxing and my emotions get fried. If I take care of my heart, not much else gets done.  But prayers like this are a huge help and reminder to just stay with Jesus and rest in his presence. That's the only true peace. Him. 

Playing a new game Skyjo


snow fun!


He is wearing these Christmas decoration snowmen on his legs. 

My birthday is in January.  Sometimes I have the kids that day, sometimes not.  This year I didn't, though they were able to come over for a bit.  Nick and Maggie made sure I wasn't alone and had something fun to do.  Hike, of course. 

Hiking on my birthday is becoming a tradition. 



We hiked up to a fire tower which was really neat.  




beautiful views!

Plus I got to hang out with some of my favorite people





When the kids came over, they wanted to paint my nails.  So we did.  I chose the blue with glitter. 




They always shower me with beautiful words and pictures. 


And they got me a new TinySaints keychain.  JPII, our family patron saint. 

That's a wrap on January. 
Pour into us, Jesus.  We need you everyday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!