Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby gender musings....

I thought you all would want to know that my musing pendulum has shifted once again back to GIRL!! In my last post, I mentioned that Chris and I are still deciding between two names for a girl. Let me further mystify you and give you no real information in the process.

We currently have a first and a middle girl name together that we like. We also have another first name and two possible middle names for that first name that we like.

1. Betsy Rae

2. Janet Rosalia
3. Janet Amelia

You get what I'm saying here? And no, those are not the names we are considering. That would ruin part of the surprise. And who doesn't like a good surprise? If history repeats itself, Christopher is going to get another conversation about baby girl names this evening when he gets home from work. After all, the pendulum has swung....

On another fun interesting scary pregnancy note, I am 33 weeks along today. I had an appointment today and my belly is measuring 34 weeks...

It's too bad I didn't think of writing some of this information down when I was pregnant with Kayla, because maybe I wouldn't be having these thoughts right now if I had. Thoughts like: 34 weeks? I'm having a 10 pounder! or: Please, God, two weeks early! or: See?? I KNEW I was HUGE!

This is the first week the doctor has told me the heart rate. 150. Kayla's heart rate was generally lower though I didn't know this until she was born, and the doctor told me that she had been guessing boy as well because of the lower heart rate. So this baby (at least this week) has a higher heart rate. Is this because it IS a girl? or is God tricking us once again? Give it a few weeks, and I'll be able to give you that answer.

And I can't sign off without telling you about Kayla and HER reactions to baby. She accompanied me to my doctor appointment today, and was extremely weirded out when the doctor measured my belly and listened to the heart rate. But at home, she has been hugging and kissing the baby and even occasionally comes over for a snuggle time with the baby and I. As you can imagine, it's quite difficult to snuggle with a basketball, but Kayla seems to thoroughly enjoy it. When she's not snuggling with the baby belly, she's cuddling and caring for her little baby doll (as seen below). I know I've said it before, but she is going to be an AWESOME big sister to one very lucky little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We love to hear from family and friends!